Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

PSA - Chapelle De Fleurs

This venue has shut its doors so if you or if you know a bride who was getting married their please let them know.  

Here is the letter on their site 

Dear Brides, your families and other clients,

It is with great sadness that I am writing this letter. After 37 years and thousands of brides I have been forced out of business by my landlords, Cliff & Shelia Hodge.  With this administration and economy I have been struggling as have most small business owners.  I have paid my rent late many times over the last few years but always was able to catch up. I informed my landlords on the 13th that my rent (due on the 15th) would be about a week late. Three business days later they locked me out with no notice.  They told me if I had the money they would not let me back in and no longer wanted me as a tenant.  The Hodges have agreed to do my wedding for this weekend. Maybe they can help you also. Their phone numbers are:  Cliff – 469.855.8520 and Shelia – 972.965.7737. The owner of Piazza in Colleyville has made a generous offer to help in any way that he can.  His name is Michael and his number is 817.520.0026.

My heart is broken and to my precious brides I want you to know that I will never, ever get over this. I am so very, very sorry that this happened to your most special day in your life.  I care deeply for every one of you – you were the daughters I never got to have.   I know that words are not enough.

God Bless You All and take you with peace through this painful time.  I am so very, very sorry.

Janice

Chapelledesfleurs@gmail.com 

Re: PSA - Chapelle De Fleurs

• Options
    Oh no! Did this happen to you?
  • Options
    How sad!  This is a beautiful venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217
  • Options
    So is she going to give brides their deposits back?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_psa-chapelle-de-fleurs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:dc2428b5-62a6-4c2f-a19a-0da925b27872Post:db81881f-e5ac-40f7-ad21-de6b6d081e44">Re: PSA - Chapelle De Fleurs</a>:
    [QUOTE]So is she going to give brides their deposits back?
    Posted by nextrightthing[/QUOTE]

It's doubtful they will get any money back. If they couldn't pay their rent, they were probably cash-poor. Even if the brides get judgements against the business, if they have no cash, they can't pay.
  • Options
    I saw this on the news last night! Apparently the lady has gone MIA and isn't responding to any of the bride's emails. I feel so bad to anyone who had this venue booked...I can't even imagine the horror!!!
  • Options
    my soon to be sister and brother in law were suppose to get married there. I feel so sick for them. they were suppose to get married in sept. we are scrabbling to find them a new venue. invites have already went out but i couldnt imagine. as of now no one is getting their money back. a lot of lost money and a lot of heart ache.
  • Options
    Good News!! A new owner, Bridget Black,  has stepped up and has been working with the current building owner, Sheila Hodge, to keep these previously displaced brides at the same location. Sheila and Bridget have been working with couples affected by the closing by providing a discounted rate for the venue and working with vendors to do the same. Already, several weddings have taken place and the families have been raving at how pleased they are. Bridget in the process of buying the building, so ladies, you can count on this venue for your special day. I got married there. The venue is unique and beautiful. For more information, please visit their temporary site - weddingsflowermound.com.
  • Options
    I was one of the brides affected by the closing of this venue. My wedding date is scheduled for December 1st, 2012 and luckily were fortunate enough to get to work with Ashton Gardens! Christina there has been amazing and we just love the new venue. Any help on vendors that can work with us on cakes, linens, and flowers would be greatly appreciated! Please email me at amiblue55@yahoo.com! Thank you in advance for any help! Amanda Ihle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards