- bridesmaid dresses

Things that I need to work on:
- Invitation and Papers
- Wedding gown
- Groom and groomsmen suits
- Honeymoon
- Transportation
- Favor

I also figured out a way to honoring my deceased son thoughout the whole wedding; one of my colors is grenn, his favorite color, I will have one of his musics to dance with my others two sons, and I will carry his picture in a locker attached to my bouquet. I know that he will be smiling from the heaven upon us on our wedding day! 

Re: Checklist update

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  You've gotten a lot done.  Your tribute to your son is lovely.  Great checks!
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your to do list!

When I read the passage you wrot on honorig your son, it brought  tear to my eye...I think you will have him looking upon you from heavan and definetly smiling! how beautiful !

Congrats and get to work on the rest of our list!!!

• AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey it's great to see your progress on your checks! And those are all beautiful ways to honor your son. *hug*
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot girls, it has been a bitter sweet time for me; sometimes is really difficult and I cry just to mention the name of my son. But I know deep down that my mission in this life is not done and I have to keep going for my other two sons, my husband to be, my grandson, my daughter in law, my stepdaughter and for everything that the lord still wants me to do.
    Your encouragement during this time means a lot for me!!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on all the checks!

I also felt teary about your memorial to your son. {{{HUGS}}} I understand totally your feelings about going on about your life for the rest of your family. My brother passed away 38 years ago, leaving me an only child. My parents were, and continue to be, awesome about making sure this tragedy did not affect their love and attention to me, and now to my kids. My brother is never forgotten, and my kids know he has a special place for my parents and myself. I'll also have his picture in a locket attached to my bouquet, as if he were here, he'd be in the bridal party.

It's the hardest thing to do, to go on, but I give you significant props for rising above it and understanding that everyone else still needs you. Bless you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards