Second Weddings

Hello Ladies

Hi!  I decided I would drop by and intorduce myself- 

My Name is Molly, I am 24 years old and Planning my second wedding- I started dating my xH when I was 16 years old- we dated through our Junior and Senior Years in HS- after High School was over, we bought a house,ansd got engaged at age 18. and then got married when I was 19. throughout the planning process things progressively went downhill with us- things where happening between us and at home that REALLY should have been red flags. My Mom had several talks with me and told me it was okay to call it off- but me being the rebelious teenager and trying to show that I could make smart decisions for myself (obviously not) refused to listen. I thought it was just planning stress, and thought it would settle down after the wedding. well, Not long after the wedding I had a meltdown and came to my senses. I had moved back in with mom and dad 3 months after the wedding (so much for the smart decisions point) well since then, I have met and Falled in Love with FI- he is 27. This will be his first wedding. 

Neither of us have any children. 

when we first got engaged, My first thought was we could go and have a small wedding down in the carribean, with just us or anyone who would have wanted to come. 

When I brought the suggestion up to FI he genuinley looked dissapointed and we had this long conversation, about how he wanted a special day with all of our freinds and family around us. 

so we have decided to do a Wedding here at home- I didnt feel right denying him his first wedding, just because I had already had one.

so here I am Planning another wedding, and I am very Excited about it!. it will be a beautiful wonderful amazing day- but if I could skip over the next 10 months and just get to the part of everyday life as a married couple, I Would! I am just so excited to start the rest of our lives together.

so thats me! I had been perusing other boards and wasn't sure if this one was for people having a wedding do-over, or a new marriage- but after reading through some posts, and reading through the "its normal"  Stickied note- I decided I wanted to introduce myself!

so... Hi!

Re: Hello Ladies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards