Second Weddings
Options

Veils

How many of you are planning on wearing a veil for your 2nd wedding?

If you already have yours, please post pictures!

Re: Veils

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm only going to wear a tiara.
  • Options
    vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

From day 1 I was determined not to wear one, but last minute I changed my mind and bought one anyway lol... and I'm sooo glad that I did!   It somehow made me feel more bride-like even though it was just tucked in the back (no blusher)

84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a veil person to begin with.  But I don't see anything wrong with wearing a veil for a second wedding.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    KamakananiKamakanani member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planning on doing a small birdcage veil w/ fascinator.  Didn't have one last time around

Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked "no."  And ... I did not wear a veil for my 1st wedding.  I'm just not a veil kind of gal.
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We both wore veils.  The first is NotFroofy's, and the second is mine.  In theory, they both had blushers.  However, we forgot to put them over our faces.

• Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think I'd want one, but I ended up buying one online, and love it! I have no pix yet (wedding in 12 more days!), but I purchased it from http://www.occanseydesigns.com/index.html, thanks to a tip on this board. It has no blusher, fingertip length, beaded on the ends.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_veils?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:879dc882-9b24-4c1c-af8d-cad629be4459Post:6ca65634-21dd-4ac8-8caa-1d6d9ee3e9b9">Re: Veils</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't think I'd want one, but I ended up buying one online, and love it! I have no pix yet (wedding in 12 more days!), but I purchased it from <a href="http://www.occanseydesigns.com/index.html," rel="nofollow">http://www.occanseydesigns.com/index.html,</a> thanks to a tip on this board. It has no blusher, fingertip length, beaded on the ends.
    Posted by mybooboos[/QUOTE]

Hey, hey!  That sounds really nice.  Good for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    heres mine. i wasnt going to get one either but fi asked me cause he wants to lift my veil for our first kiss as mr and mrs pham. dont know how well you can see it but there are crystals on the edges and it is fingertip length.

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    avk&jdbavk&jdb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a birdcage veil, my dress will be a vintage tea-length style so I wanted to make it feel more "bride" like.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

AVK&JDB's sounds like my first wedding dress and veil, in 1985.  I wore (designed myself) a satin tea-length dress that was very 40's inspired.  And a birdcage veil.  It was very different than what everyone else was wearing at the time. 

This time I didn't wear a veil--Pagans usually don't put anything (including an elaborate up-do) on their heads during ritual (in this case, the wedding). 

image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to but I don't think it'll look right with my dress, so I probably won't. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just wore a sparkly headband.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just planning on fabric lillies in my hair and definitely no veil, but they just didn't look right with the dress and my mom had me try this one when my dress came in, and it really looked nice and like it belonged (and I would have thought she would be against the veil...go figure). I took it off after the ceremony though...loved the comb in my hair.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it's my FI's second marriage and my first, BUT we already have a child together.  veil is just not my thing.  Instead, I made a beautiful "hairpiece" out of ostich feathers and peacock eyes and some gold tulle (my dress is gold/ champagne).  i feel like it's just as dramatic as a veil.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mybooboos I got my veil from the same site! 

I did the mantilla kept it very plain, simple and short, (just past my shoulders/almost to my elbows) because my gown was so elaborate.  The veil was my mom's one request. So I wore it for pictures and the ceremony, took it off for the reception. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will have a birdcage veil....to each her own, but I think a blusher is a bit much for a second wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will have a birdcage veil....to each her own, but I think a blusher is a bit much for a second wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

As of right now, no viel. I bought some silk butterflies from Etsy for the girls to wear in thier hair and I think I am going to wear some in mine too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards