Second Weddings
Options

Uh...I bought another dress lol

Yep.  its true! lol

My original dress was purchased last year about 4 weeks after he proposed, and let me just say that sometimes when you know its not the one, then you know its not the one.

I have spent the last 4 months since we reset our date trying to love that dress. I told myself it was just because I'm in love with trying on dresses (which, ok I admit maybe a little lol) but no matter what I did, no matter who saw the pictures of it and told me it looked gorgeous on me,  I couldn't shake it. ( I even had a bridesmaid tell me it wasn't the type of dress she had pictured me in)

Initially when i purchased it, I did so because my DIL had a credit at that bridal salon. I had originally wanted something with lace, but lets face it, lace is expensive and I was working with a budget. The only lace dress I tried on there that night was horribly heavy and not figure flattering on me because of the cut. The owner of the salon had even told me she didn't have much for lace in my price range.

With that said, I bought a beautiful dress, but it wasn't what I had envisioned at all (it was dropped waist chiffon with ruffles), plus at the time we were planning a spetember wedding for last year.

Fast forward to last week, after running through all of this in my head (and thinking I must be crazy, i'm going to end up looking for a dress that doesn't exist except in kleinfelds where it will resides until someone else buys it because I can never afford it Undecided I found a salon not too far from here that has lots of beautiful designer dresses off the rack, so i went and this is what I got...a beautiful sparkly lace San Patrick ball gown. Ladies....I got that feeling. Like that feeling that I get when FI is around lol thats the best I can describe it. I am so thankful I listened to that little inner voice, and thanks for reading all of this, I know its really long, but I just had to share ;)

Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
 CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!

Re: Uh...I bought another dress lol

• Options
    That is really pretty. You need to love your dress, so glad you found what you're looking for!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wow!!!  That is gorgeous!  I love the lace/detailing along the hem!  And so glad that you found one that you love.
  • Options
    Gorgeous! I actually did the same thing when planning my first wedding. I tried on a million gowns and I put one on that made my mom cry. So, I reacted to that and bought it. It took a few months to get in and when it did, I put it back on and knew it was not the one. So, I sold that one on eBay and went on another search. I found my second dress at a different store and it was WAY more expensive, but my mom and I loved it so much she didn't even hesitate to buy it for me! This time around, I found "the one" but the way that it was cut didn't flatter my figure (it was meant for less busty women.) So, I purchased it to take some pics, returned it, and I had someone custom make the dress for me for half of the cost using better material!

• Options
    Thanks ladies :)

yeah I def spent a little more lol, but it wasn't too bad, and in the end as long as the price doesn't break you its all good right? lol

I'm now down to trying to figure out a belt to wear with it...something sparkly I think.

here are thefew i am considering...

and I'm thinking either ivory or silver ribbon with it, I decided to ditch the black its to harsh of a contrast against the ivory for a day wedding.

• Options
  • Options
    Beautiful gown!!  Plus a sparkley belt!!  Wow!  Your FI won't be able to take his eyes off of you. 

• Options
    Very beautiful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So pretty! And you look happy! I just posted about this on another thread somewhere but my family owns a bridal shop and my mom says the right dress is the one that makes you feel like a bride.

People come in all the time having bought a dress elsewhere because it was cheap and they come in looking for another dress last minute and have to shop off the rack and might end up paying 2-3 times more than they did for the first one.

A lot of people come in after already buying a dress and they just say they're pretend shopping...but they're doing it because they're not confident in their selection.

Glad you really found that dress!
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards