Second Weddings
Options

**Lisa50**

Saw your post below about my barefoot sandals, thanks for the compliment.  So, my dear, why is it that you're not having the beach wedding you originally envisioned?  Can you share here? 

My experience was fabulous--very romantic, and I suggest it to everyone who wants a private ceremony, but I understand that sometimes these things get bigger than we want.  So, what's the story?
image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Re: **Lisa50**

• Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh, thanks for asking.  That is so sweet!

When in Aruba, we discussed marrying there -- at a resort we absolutely love -- we seriously considered who we wanted to attend (close family and friends), size (small, intimate ceremony), date ranges, etc.  The bottom line, though, came when we finally decided on our date (July 3, 2011),  the fifth anniversary of the date we met.  It is a Sunday and sadly, we cannot get married in Aruba that day.  We really don't want to compromise on the date and so, we're staying here.

I agree that often, the "event" can overwhelm the core of the day, which is the first of thousands to come as a married couple.  We will have the intimate wedding we want in lovely (nearby)  Annapolis, Maryland.  The ceremony and reception will be at a small historic inn -- dates back to the 1700s.  It is beautiful and has a gorgeous terrace, where we'll tie the knot.  Photos will be fun too, as the inn is just a two block walk to the Annapolis waterfront.

We will always go back to Aruba and, I am sure, will celebrate a "milestone" anniversary with a vow renewal on the beach -- and I'll look for those gorgeous beach sandals.  :)

• Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, that makes sense.  Sorry I didn't answer earlier, DH and I were camping until this afternoon. 

The barefoot sandals are available at www.LadyBead.com DH (then FI) bought them for me, I would have probably gone with a cheaper pair, but they were a valentine's day gift for me.  

Best wishes,
    Stacy  
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards