Second Weddings
Options

I think I'm breathing again ... and any tips on coping with "bride brain"???

Planning update (cuz you invited them ...  Laughing):

Wow, the last month has been crazy!!!  My head is still kinda spinning ...
In the course of a week, problems developed with both our ceremony and reception venues, and what we thought would be a simple consultation with a jeweler turned into a massive case of sticker-shock.  The bright spot of that week is that we finally found a amazing photographer at a price we could afford.  Aaaaaaand then early the next week got an email from her that she had an unresolvable conflict come up for our wedding date.  Three months and a few days out from our wedding, and we have questionable venues, no photographer, and one (or both) of us are gonna have to sell a kidney if we want rings.

Well ... God is so good:  things have slowly come back together.  Our caterer's banquet hall is available for our reception at no additional cost (a minor miracle, because they usually are booked up a year, or at least 6 months in advance), we've reserved a beautiful turn-of-the-century church for the ceremony (about 10 min. from the reception site), and I just sent a confirmation email to our new photographer -- who is matching the previous one's package, and including a 2nd shooter.  I am so, so incredibly thankful.

Oh, and we found a (good) online source for our rings!  FI really likes his, and I love mine ... and no one loses any body parts.

Thank you for letting me unload a bit!  Now the question:

About a week before this all happened, I got my first acute attack of "bride brain" -- you know, when your neurons start doing "Flight of the Bumblebee", emotions increase, logic decreases, and even though you're aware that you aren't being your normal, rational self, you can't quite snap out of it, especially when minor details of wedding planning are concerned?  And after thinking I'd come through all the above issues reasonably well, then today at lunch, I dissolve into tears at a mild disagreement about whether or not we should split a sandwich.  Poor FI -- I'm not a crier, this is very unlike me, and he was pretty bewildered.  (And no, according to the calendar, it's not a monthly issue.)

How do "y'all" deal with bride brain?  I've enjoyed planning so far, and I'd really like to get to our wedding day (end of April) wihtout driving my dear FI crazy or going crackers myself.
Thoughts?  Ideas?  Suggestions?

Re: I think I'm breathing again ... and any tips on coping with "bride brain"???

• Options
    I agree with Retread.   Reconnect with your Fi on a level that has nothing to do with wedding.  And congrats on getting over these hurdles.  ~Donna
  • Options
    You have been through the wringer, LOL.

Above are some excellent suggestions. I didn't deal with any of the issues you have, and found myself at times sort of in "bridal overload". Mostly because I took on a lot of DIY projects, but that was my own doing, nothing from outside.

Many of the brides on this site that post are people that have already been through the day, and came out the other side unscathed. In the end, I think everyone would say 1) the beauty of the day was worth it, and 2) in the end, it simply is one day. Crap might go wrong, but in no way (unless the groom fails to show,LOL) does it have an impact on what you will remember from your wedding.

Take deep breaths. Relax. Take one or two days a week to not talk about wedding stuff. Maybe plan an outing to the movies, dinner, where you don't talk at all about "the wedding".
    Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and advice.  FI has been working two jobs lately, and so we don't get to see each other much.  I'm doing a lot of the legwork ("fingerwork" is more accurate) for wedding planning, which I don't mind, but I realized I'd developed a tendency to have a list of questions ready to spring on him every time we are able to get together.  Legitimate things that need to be decided, and fairly quickly, but still ...

So we've taken some "wedding free zone" time, and that's helping.  And chocolate ... chocolate is good!  The darker the better at this point!

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards