Second Weddings

HELP WITH RESTAURANTS!!! PLEASE

HELLO EVERYBODY  AND CONGRATS!!! 

I LIVE IN MANHATTAN, MY WEDDING DATE IS OCTOBER 2ND.I NEED HELP FINDING A RESTAURANT FOR A GUEST OF 30 PEOPLE. WE CANT AFFORD A CATERING HALL, SO WE WOULD LIK TO TAKE OUR CLOSE FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO DINNER. OUR BUDGET IS 3000.
ANY IDEAS WHERE

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.

Re: HELP WITH RESTAURANTS!!! PLEASE

• MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married?  Perhaps you should Google restaurants in the area and get reviews and ratings, and go from there.

Or another idea is if you and your FI have a favorite restaurant find out if they have a private banquet area and what their fees are.

I hope this helps...
  • edited December 2011
    WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING???

So, there's this little place near me that would be awesome for 30 people.  They have the greatest little side room, and wonderful food.  The service is amazing, attentive and professional.  They serve you homemade potato chips- which are TO DIE FOR<---intentionallly screaming... while you figure out what you want to eat. 

However, since you are nowhere near me, and I have no clue where you are other than your bio says Manhattan, and I know absolutely NO RESTAURANTS <-----intentionally screaming... in NYC, maybe you should post this on a local board.  Second Weddings is one of the national boards.  And shut off your caps lock- unless you MEAN to be screaming.  ~Donna
  • RealWeddingRealWedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I agree with Right1.  Stop YELLING!!  It's incredibly rude.  Look on your local board for suggestions.  I doubt, however, that a restaurant will give you anything cheaper than a "hall."  Unless it's very casual.  
  • edited December 2011
    yelling, no. didnt mean to sound RUDE.  i forgot to take the caps lock
    off. thank you for your response.
  • edited December 2011
    i actually did forget to take the caps off. thanks for nothing.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks mike and angie, that helps alot. 
    and thank you for not chewing my head off for 
    forgetting to turn off my caps. :)

lots of love dust to you!!!!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're welcome!  I didn't figure you were purposely yelling.  I hope the suggestion to google restuarants is helpful.  There is a review service at Yelp.com I don't know if it is in your area, but it has helped us find a variety of restaurants in our area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards