Second Weddings
Options

New here...Any elopement ideas?

Hi everyone!  This is my first time posting!  This is my 2nd go-round, I've been engaged for a year and a half.  I eloped my 1st time, which was nice, but seeing as how this is his 1st time, and I never had a wedding, we were going to do it up in style.  However, due to many many MANY family complications, we are both thinking eloping is the way to go!  We are working on a budget,  so anything like Hawaii or the Caribbean is out.  We've looked at places in Ohio, and Virginia Beach.  (TN is out since that's where it was the 1st time!)  So just wondering if anyone knows of anyplace that has nice packages, that are within driving distance, for us and my 2 kids?  Thanks so much!

Re: New here...Any elopement ideas?

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Pilar and congrats!

You probably want to post your inquiry on the "Local Wedding Board" (see link on left) for your area in Ohio. I'm sure they will have some great ideas.

You can come back here and chat with us about any other questions, or keep us informed of your plans if you want. Everyone here is so nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how far you're wiliing to drive. When discussing local places for destination weddings, Mackinac Island always comes up. Since you're on a budget, you couldn't have it at the Grand Hotel (and probably not Mission Point), but there are a lot lovely places on such a small island (only 8 miles in perimeter). 

I'm pretty familiar with the island. I've been there about 7-8 times for a week at a time, so if you want to know more about it, let me know. 

Also, we aren't that far from Lake Michigan. Beach weddings are really popular. 

Traverse City is a very touristy summer destination. The Great Wolf Lodge is there, it has an indoor water park, so that would be a lot of fun for your kids. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards