Second Weddings

How old were you when you married for the first time?

2»

Re: How old were you when you married for the first time?

• edited December 2011
    i was 19 and he was 20 - we had just had a major scare with him being in a horrible car accident and almost didn't make it. i sat by his side for the entire year he was in the hospital. not all of it was bad (we were married for 6 years but together for 9). just at the end, his attitude and well being changed and he didn't care about me anymore. when i finallly realized it and was trying to leave, a little light turned on in his head that he wanted me back. by then, it was too late. all of the kisses and hugs not given. all of the nights i slept alone because he could deal with me had caught up. i left him and went home.
    2 years later, wonderful Facebook came into my life and allowed me to get intouch with a friend from high school. after 8 months of dating we realized that we belonged together and he asked me to marry him. i am so happy. my family and friends can see the difference in me. 
    here's to a long and happy life together!!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Married at 25 with an 18 month old and divorced at 28...only good things to come out that marriage are my two beautiful children. This time, at 34, I have that gut feeling I'm making the best decision of my life...I should have listened to my gut last time as it was saying something totally different!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I was Almost 24,and he was 29 Separated 6 months later, filed for divorce a year and 3 weeks after wedding. I shoulda trusted my gut and called off the wedding, but I was embarrassed... Went through with it only to learn he was a cheater( slept with my cousin). He held it over my head that i lost my virginity to him on our honeymoon, and i'll never be pure again so why leave, like a fool i stuck around dealing with his temper and promises we can fix out marriage... Then on the 4th of july a year after wedding i said to heck with you....once he got the divorce papers he was begging for me to take him back. Even though hes engaged to my cousin hes still texting me, i hope my cousin gets a clue... But now im Getting married in6 months I'm 27 and he's 40. He is everything I didn't know I wanted in a spouse!!! I couldn't be happier
    I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife.
  • edited December 2011

Married @ 22.  Thought I was old enough to know what (&who) I wanted.  We were nothing more than roommates for 4 years before finalizing our divorce last month.  I'm happy I made the decision to leave.  Too much life ahead of me to be miserable.  :-)

• edited December 2011
    I was barely 24 my XH was 28.  We were married for 7.5 years.  Even though he was a bit older than I was, he wasn't an adult yet.  He changed in a lot of ways I didn't expect, particularly when we had children.  I tried to fit our lives together but it didn't work.  You can't predict how people will change, but you can often see the way they treat people who don't agree or feel the same way they do.  I should have seen that, but I didn't.  I finally realized that I deserved respect, and my children deserved to grow up in a better home that what I could give them in that environment, so I made the decision to leave.

I was almost 34 when I got married in June, my DH was 34.  We have a very easy going life.  A big part of that is that we both want the same things, but even when we don't, we cross those hurdles together.  It's very peaceful and happy. <3.
  • edited December 2011
    I was 20, we had one child together and the day before the wedding I found out I was pregnant with #2.  We made it 14 years and 5 kids but then realized we were going in two different directions.  I think the life changer was our fourth child, a little girl who is special needs and required alot of attention.  I just didn't have time to be his mommy anymore..  He left when our youngest was 9 months and found a girlfriend 6 weeks later.  
    It all worked out though because I have found the most wonderful man to spend the rest of my life with who still after 4 years surprises me with the little things in life and does his very best to be an equal partner. I will be 39 and he will be 47 when we get married in April 2012  He is my soul mate!!!! 
  • SheaglesSheagles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    22. He was verbally abusive before we got married, and I was stupid enough to think it would stop. I didn't even last six months. I'm 27 and marrying my best friend next year, the friend who listened to me cry over my first husband, and held my hand the morning of my wedding and promised he would make it better. And he did.
  • edited December 2011
    I was 20 and had a child by the man that was 18 months old so it's not like I rushed into it.  I thought we have been together for a while we have a child together our families get along.......we should go ahead and get married like origianlly planned before I even go pregnant.  Boy was I wrong we were engaged 5 months before I got pregnant and then I just thought I needed to stay because he already asked and now we have the baby.  Find out who you are and what you want out of life even if you have a child together instead of just taking the next natural step.
  • I was 19 he was 24. We met in the Marines and on our first term enlistments.  We knew each other 3 before we got engaged and 3 months later we were married.  A month after we were married JP we had the "official" ceremony.  We were married almost 9 years.  We are still great friends but we didn't really have anything in common.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards