Second Weddings

Veil or no veil

I read somewhere that second marriage brides are not supposed to wear a veil. Is this just an old superstition like wearing a white dress? Personally I am going to wear what I want to my second ceremony.

Re: Veil or no veil

• edited December 2011
    I think that is your answer.  Wear what you want.  I am wearing a headband with a birdcage veil.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • embracejoyembracejoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's totally up to you!  I'm a beach bride, and don't want a veil this time.. so I'm wearing starfish in my hair! :)
    we got it right the second time around! ten.twenty.twenty-ten. Anniversary
  • mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore a veil for my recent wedding, which was my second marriage.  I did not wear the viel over my face, but that was just because I didn't want to.  I say if you want to wear a veil then wear one, who cares what others say.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wore veils with blushers.  The only reason we didn't have the blushers over our faces was that we forgot.  Do what you want to do!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a long mantilla style veil planned :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am wearing a cathedral length mantilla veil.  :)  The rule for second weddings -- there are NO rules! 
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another cathedral lenth one tier veil bride here. I loved it, it went with my dress so I am wearing it.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • edited December 2011
    arv266 I love the way you think.  There are no rules with second weddings!  You go girl!!!
  • ldbarrett82ldbarrett82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I wear a veil this time it will be a bird cage veil, but I'm currently leaning towards some flowers in my hair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • edited December 2011
    I am so excited to be wearing a veil! Some might think I am a little old (49) to be wearing one but I could care less. I actually had my first wedding dream a couple of nights ago and in it I was putting on my veil. I guess that shows how special it truly is to me.
  • LabrnrLabrnr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wasn't too keen on the veil at the first wedding, and didn't wear it over my face.

This time, I'm having a beach wedding and still not keen on teh veil so I made a head band with blue and silver beads and tied white/cream/irridescent ribbons from head band to the floor.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    It must be an old "wives" tale. Wear what you want and that includes your head too! I am probably going to wear a birdcage veil!
  • nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm still torn myself. Though leaning towards not just because I'm not realy a veil person. The first time I wasn't even going to wear one except that my MOH offered me hers as my "something borrowed".

Though I say I'm torn because my dress is very simple, no beading or embroidery of any kind. I kind of feel that it needs some sparkle and a veil would be the most obvious way to add that. We will see, I still have a year to decide.

do what you want and everyone else be damned.
  • pst726pst726 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was not planning on wearing a veil since this is my second wedding.

However, when I asked my FI how he pictured me walking down the aisle to him he said the veil over the face and big white gown.

To make him happy I will wear a veil but I will not wear it over my face, I will be annoyed if I have to look through that! And I will have a big ivory gown :)
    So ready to marry my best friend! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am wearing a veil because I want to. At 47(feeling 30), I'm with your thought, because I want to. I didn't wear one the first one. This marriage is something REAL special and we are going to do it OUR way.
  • edited December 2011
    My first marriage was at the courthouse, not a wedding at all. This time we are doing it right. I'm 40 and will be wearing my veil. Not sure about the blusher but a definate yes on the veil!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards