Second Weddings
Options

Ex Vent - Update

For those who didn't read the first post, my ex is court ordered to carry health insurance on my 2 younger kids.  The policy was cancelled at the end of February.

Now, here's the update:
I did talk to an attorney and we will be going forward with a contempt of court motion (not only for the health insurance, but also for his part of the money that he owes my parents because they took out a loan to buy us a house and he hasn't made any payents to them).  I am also putting the kids on my health insurance and we will be going for child support now too.  I'm done playing nice.  Unfortunately, I can't file for full custody yet, because it needs to be a year after the previous custody order was entered to ask for a change and that was in December. 

I did get a hold of ex about the insurance issue and he claims he did COBRA but a month later and the insurance company doesn't have it so obviously he didn't do it.  But during that conversation he said he wanted daughter's SSN so he could claim her on taxes!  I was like, um no, she has lived with me full time so legally I claim her AND it is in the divorce papers that I claim both of our kids.  He's mad because he wanted it in the papers that he claims her, but I said no to it and he obviously didn't read the papers very well before signing.  Not my issue though right?

Also during the conversation he says he wants them for the summer (which is what we agreed on in the divorce) but he won't even tell me what town he is living in and he is in another state.  So there is no way in hell he is taking my kids if I don't know where they are and who will be taking care of them.  Talked about this with attorney too and he says legally I don't have to let him take them if he doesn't tell me where they are going.  If it gets to that point I am supposed to file a report with the Sheriff's office so he can't come back and say that I am preventing him from seeing the kids. 

I seriously can't believe the crap he is trying to pull, I keep thinking of the words of a very wise friend "you can't make this sh*t up" and it makes me smile a little when dealing with it.
Thanks again for listening to this vent/update again.

Re: Ex Vent - Update

• Options
    My FI's ex refused to let him know where she was living, though it was in the same city, and that was actually against their custody agreement, too.  I'm really glad you spoke to an attorney, it's the best thing you can do in a situation like this and the best way to know that you and your children are protected.  Your ex is such a rotter, good for you for standing up to him!
  • Options
    20pearls1620pearls16 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    You know they all act a fool when they know you are getting married again. Mine is starting his ish again too!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Oh, Jess ... I wish you luck with all of this.  It seems that you're doing all the right things.  This will take time to work through.  My only thought is ... take some deep breaths (lame, I know, but it's the only thing I can come up with right now).

(((HUGS)))
  • Options
    I think our ex's are twins...
  • Options
    Also another bit of info I learned from my accountant, the only time the non custodial parent can claim the children is if you sign a letter stating they can claim them, other than that no matter what the divorce decree says, you claim them every year! So sorry you are having issues i am thankful that my ex doesnt want a thing to do with us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_ex-vent-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:af0b46cd-3734-4000-abd9-ecf1a80de5f7Post:ef345f55-b7b3-4ca3-90d1-ba08f7a8a13a">Re: Ex Vent - Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know they all act a fool when they know you are getting married again. Mine is starting his ish again too!
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, what's with that anyway? Mine was being just fine until I got engaged. Now he's constantly pulling crap. Right now mine is trying to get out of paying his half of everything he's supposed to since I have money to pay for a wedding. Why should he help pay for MY stuff? Ummm... it's stuff for your kids, not me. A$$hole.</div>
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You know they all act a fool when they know you are getting married again. Mine is starting his ish again too!

Because they all think in their deepest heart of hearts that you'll come running back.

I am sorry you are dealing with this. I'm also glad you spoke with an attorney and are getting the accurate, and appropriate legal guidance you need.

I consider myself so lucky that with 2 kids, not married to their dads, I had absolutely NO ISSUES with child support or any of the other stuff.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards