Second Weddings
Options

father daughter song

I really want to do this but I am having a really hard time finding a song --- My wish was my first choice but my brother and mother danced to that at his wedding definately out of the question

I can't seem to find anything for a bride thats all grown up and been out of the house for 20 years?

HELP!!!

ps we both are not dancers so I'd rather it was 3 mins or less!! HAHA

Re: father daughter song

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using 'In my daughter's eyes' by Martina McBride. The lyrics are great, and it's not really a 'giving you away' song.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Dad hates being the center of attention, seriously hates it. I think we are doing the father/daughter and mother/son dance at the same time, and using "Memories" by Elvis Presley. Here's a link from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwE7H4p1Whs

It's only 3 minutes!
  • Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No father-daughter dance for me (he isn't coming to mexico), and I didn't have a dance reception my first time around.

BUT at one of my cousin's weddings a few years ago my father did ask me to dance with him.  To AC/DC - Shook me All Night Long.

I swear - I WISH I was kidding.

So pretty much anything you choose will be wonderful. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

How about "Wonderful World"?   "Unforgettable"?
    Paul Simon "Father and daughter"?
    Celine Dion "Because you loved me"?
    "How Sweet it is (to be loved by you"?
    ~Donna

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with an old "Butterfly kisses"...it's a good one.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

To only have this issue... *sigh*  You ladies that are going to be able to dance with your fathers are so lucky!! 

"Butterfly Kisses" makes me cry to this day.  I was raised by my dad (a single father) until he married my mom (the only mom I know) when I was sixteen.  He is missed.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OK Angie...you have me in tears now.  Your dad will be there too.  Big hugs going out to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards