Second Weddings

Men and their underwear!

What is it with them wearing their undershorts until they are in shreds?  H has several pairs in different colors......a few of them are in various stages of decomp.  Yet when I throw one out, he invariably notices.  I don't get it.

What don't you get?

OTOH, I get to give the new vacuum cleaner a spin this AM.  Never thought I'd be excited about that!  H used it a few nights ago while I was at work and when I got home I thought we had new carpeting.  This latest vacuum is made specifically for pet hair.

Re: Men and their underwear!

• greeneyedJgreeneyedJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL I'm glad to know I'm NOT alone!! I have this issue too!! Men...

What vaccum do you have? I'm in search of a new one since our dog is shedding terribly and the one we have seems to suck (no pun intended) lol!
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it a Dyson?  I absolutely love my Dyson Animal and rave about it all the time.  Expensive, but worth it.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Les & Greeneyed - God yeah, I WISH it was a Dyson but it's a  Bissell Multi Cyclonic System with a turbo (mind you turbo!) pet hair cleaning system.  I'm happy with it but next one will def. be a Dyson.

Les - is that your dog in your pic?  He/she reminds me so much of my old Tess. Cry  I read and saw the pic on one of the other boards that you got your H a portrait of his old dog.  I'll check that site out since MiL has a 16 year old dog who she absolutely dotes on.
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love my Dyson... Don't have the underwear issue with the FI, he gets that new undies support him better than old...  The xH wore them until there was little but a stretched out waist band and the reinforced stitching.... but that is just well bad... and probably TMI
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_men-their-underwear?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:bcb07008-75f9-407e-91cb-56c9036cf7c6Post:7ca5c18f-b944-47a9-9803-6acf5b91f241">Re: Men and their underwear!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Les & Greeneyed - God yeah, I WISH it was a Dyson but it's a  Bissell Multi Cyclonic System with a turbo (mind you turbo!) pet hair cleaning system.  I'm happy with it but next one will def. be a Dyson. <strong>Les - is that your dog in your pic?</strong>  He/she reminds me so much of my old Tess.   I read and saw the pic on one of the other boards that you got your H a portrait of his old dog.  I'll check that site out since MiL has a 16 year old dog who she absolutely dotes on.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

My avatar is our black Lab, Nala.  She loves to hike in the snow. 

We had to put H's dog down earlier this year.  She was almost 16 and was the best dog ever.  He's still heartbroken over losing her.  I got him a canvas photo print for Christmas.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
    edited December 2011
    ExH and I had a black lab - Tess.  She was a wonderful dog.  We had to put her down at age 14, so she had a good long inning.  Nevertheless, it was traumatic for all of us.

Mica - I get you on the recounting of their day.  He doesn't do it every day, but when he does it seems to be a minute by minute accounting.
  • edited December 2011

Love the topic here.  I needed something to make me laugh!  I bought a Dyson animal vacuum when we moved in to our new house.  Love it.  It's easy to carry up and down the stairs too.

Black labs are wonderful dogs.  We had one named Sam that we got from the pound as a puppy.  He was about four when we gave him to a friend when we moved to Australia.  They say dogs don't remember, but when we moved back, my ex couldn't even go to the bathroom that Sam didn't follow him.  After having his back leg amputated because of bone cancer, he lived a couple more years before we had to say goodbye.  FI and I now have a Dogue de Bordeaux.  (Hooch from the movie, Turner and Hooch)  I would take another black lab in a heartbeat though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

edited December 2011
    I thought the Turner and Hooch pooch was a mastiff.  My son has a mastiff who is just a big old mushball.  I'd go for another Lab, but H is partial to German Shepherds.  Right now a dog does not fit into the schedules so we have 2 cats instead.  But I would truly love another dog - a rescue or a pound mutt - I don't care.  This is really the first time in my life that's been dogless.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL I'm so glad I'm not the only one. After 19 yrs together I have finally figured out a solution. I replace them with the same colors, styles and number (throw away 3 replace w 3) and he notices and usually laughs and states the underwear Goddess has visited me again lol but he does not complain. I even have a hidden stash for emergency interventions. Oh yeah every once in a while I throw in a sexy pair something I like and know when he notice them he's gonna crack up....It works, it keeps the peace and I don't have to worry if there is an accident (knock on wood it never happens) he won't be laying in ER in raggedy a** drawals...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards