Second Weddings
Options

***PSA - as you set up your profile***

I have seen a number of newbies on here with enough info in either their profile or a combination of their profile and siggie that  could really get you into a mess.  Consider carefully before putting first and last names, locations, dates, etc into such a public space.  No one needs to join the Knot to read these boards, look at your profile, etc.  Search engines will pick up all this info. 
So if the last 4 digits of your phone number are 4630 or the last 4 of your Fi are 4094 -- I am talking to YOU! 

Knot lore states that one time a bride had too much info in her profile, ticked off some others on the Knot and someone called and cancelled all her vendors. 
It could happen!  ~Donna

Re: ***PSA - as you set up your profile***

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto. I used to post on TK some years ago under a different name, and I made the mistake of having ALL of my information all over the internet and easily findable. There was a knottie (not sure if/where she is around, but whatever.....) who took a lot of pleasure out of chasing me around the internet and being a general douche. Caused a lot of pain....
     I'm pretty choosy these days on what I put online....and I have neither my actual wedding date, my actual location or our actual  names anywhere on TK for this reason.

It happened to me....it can happen to you!

"Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards