Second Weddings
Options

First, we were eloping, now we're getting married...twists and turns!

Without going into details, which are many and complicated, our wedding plans have changed a couple times.  We were waiting to wed until we got approval from religious authorities...now that approval is no longer needed.  We were eloping for a civil ceremony...now we're having a small wedding with only close family and friends.  All of this...in June already!  Tongue Out

I am so happy with the way things have turned out and the fact that it looks like this will actually happen!  There was even a scare where we thought we were going to have to have a JOP-style ceremony at the last minute due to insurance concerns.  There have been so many ups and downs, but it looks like we're finally on our way after years of waiting!

We're planning a very short, simple ceremony on the beach, with everyone else dressed casual and a friend marrying us in a civil ceremony.  Then, we're planning a backyard BBQ with music from an IPOD and wings and a cake.  Everything will be beach themed and casual and relaxed with no more than 20 people or so...and that's if they show up.  For me, that's perfect...just those closest to us.  We're planning on having our daughter (the kids are from my first marriage, but he's always been their dad) as the flower girl and the maid of honor.  We're planning on having our son walk me down the aisle and serve as best man.  They're also excited to help decorate the house and backyard with paper seashells and starfish.

I guess I just wanted to share my happy.  Wink  It's been such a long and winding road to this wedding and I'm so happy it's really going to happen.  Now I just need to figure out some vows!