Second Weddings
Options

Intro, checks, and worries

Hi everyone I am Cora.  I live in VT, and I am getting married 10-1-11.  It is my second marriage, his first.  I have gotten a TON of stuff done.  I have way more decorations than I will probably be able to use, but I bought it all used or during extreme clearance prices (yay!).

We have our venue (covered bridge), reception site (used to be a bar, but now its a Moose club).  My cousin is playing the bagpipes while I walk down the aisle.  A very dear friend is singing for our first song.  Another cousin is doing the catering (as a gift).  Booked the photographer, and dj.  My dress is purchased and hanging at my mom's.  We have talked to one florist, and I have an appointment to talk to another.  The bridesmaid dresses will be purcahsed the first weekend in March.  Tuxes have been picked out.  A friend owns a limo company and I am talking to him on Wednesday to discuss that.

But why do I feel like I am going to miss something???

Cora

Re: Intro, checks, and worries

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Officiant?

There are tons of tools available, on the knot and elsewhere.  Just don't let the 995302577524 items on the lists shock you, everything except the bride/groom/officiant/witnesses (maybe) and license are optional. ~Donna
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invitations?  Groom's suit (or tux)?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and welcome to the board!  You have so much done, the only thing left is to take a break.  WOW!
  • Options
    coralee715coralee715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The tuxes have been picked out - gotta wait til we get the girl's dresses before they are finalized.  Invites are picked out - but not ordered.  Can anyone tell I'm a type A personality LOL - hahahaha. 
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_intro-checks-worries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:d40b6570-4dcd-4722-9a45-32bb3b4b7dedPost:78732573-de21-4cf2-835b-2e582d447160">Re: Intro, checks, and worries</a>:
    [QUOTE]Officiant? There are tons of tools available, on the knot and elsewhere.  Just don't let the 995302577524 items on the lists shock you, everything except the bride/groom/officiant/witnesses (maybe) and license are optional. ~Donna
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]Some of us even managed to do without the groom.  ;-)
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LMAO 2ndBride!

Cora, it will be fine. You have a lot done, and are getting married 2 months later than I am!

Welcome, and congrats.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! and Welcome. Check out the checklists on weddingwire.com or theknot.com they have it all covered and more. Don't worry you seem like you've got it all together.

I didn't buy my dress until June for my Sept wedding last year after a horrible dress experience (had someone make it here in the US, an internet provider, WRONG MOVE)

Keep us posted!
  • Options
    coralee715coralee715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cake testing today! super yum!!!!
  • Options
    MuddyInsigniaMuddyInsignia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2nd Bride, that is awesome and hillarious--congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_intro-checks-worries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:d40b6570-4dcd-4722-9a45-32bb3b4b7dedPost:c171b5a8-2046-490a-a4c2-68de4d2c99d5">Re: Intro, checks, and worries</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cake testing today! super yum!!!!
    Posted by coralee715[/QUOTE]

Wait!  Wait!  How did the tasting go???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards