Second Weddings
Options

Older bride and groom!

Cannot believe I am about to do this again! We just bought a home with a nice yard and a pool. I am thinking it would be perfect to have a backyard wedding with family and close friend. We both agreed that we do not need the formal wedding. I also was thinking about the reception being a BBQ/pool party! Together we have 5 grandchildren and I would like to have them as the "bridal party". Each one could hold a part of the bridal bouquet and give it to me as I pass them. My concern is what to wear? I do not want the expense of a bridal gown and really do not think it is me! Any great suggestions. Flip flops are a definite!!
Judy and Bob

Re: Older bride and groom!

• Options
    Think Nordstroms, L & T, Macy's etc for the dress. Or check out Mother of the Groom/Bride dresses.
  • Options
    Your wedding sounds like fun.

I agree with the above posters, look for a dress you will feel comfortable in. Since you are planning outdoors, it can be short, any color, and fun if you want it to be. Check the major retailers around Easter, then after Summer when they put the summer things on sale. A fun sundress, halter dress, etc, would be perfect. If you have "issues" with your upper arms (I DO!), you could find a nice shrug or bolero to wear over the dress. I made a bolero for myself.

Also, look for "destination wedding dresses", then tend to be less formal, similar to what a bride might wear on the beach.

Welcome, and congrats on all the good things coming your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards