Second Weddings
Options

Hourglass ceremony

I am really thinking about using an hourglass instead of a unity candle or sand for our ceremony. I was thingking of having a different color of sand for each of us to put in the hourglass and then making 3 small bottles of the sand (layered) for the kids to keep after the ceremony. The kids participated in the Family Unity candle ceremony went their dad married thier step-mom and they have asked me if we are going to do something similar.

The kids are involved in the ceremony anyway. My oldest is my maid of honor(18), my middle one is walking me down the aisle and is a groomsman(12), and my youngest (7)is one of the flower girls. They have all been asking questions and want to be involved in everything. My oldest even helped plan the proposal.
Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes

Re: Hourglass ceremony

• Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think an hourglass ceremony would be a new twist to the traditional 'sand' ceremony....and the three smaller keepsake bottles for the kids is a wonderful idea....

the only drawback to any type of ceremony that involves sand and layering...is if it is shaken by accident, the sand merges colors and the layers are gone...BUT,  that could signify the merging of the family.....and actually wouldn't be so bad.....????

I would love to know what you ended up with.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The idea of the hourglass is for it to be turned so that the sands mingle together. We would make the individual jars of sand before the ceremony with the kids away from the ceremony so that we could preserve the layers.

This (http://heirloomhourglass.com/) is where I saw the idea and would probably order everything
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Options
    debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just visited their site....

I agree, it would be nice to witness, I have never heard of this...

Thanks for sharing this !!!!
  • Options
    prodigalgirlprodigalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds neat to me!  And I love the idea of doing that with the kids outside the ceremony.  Very personal and special!

Thanks for sharing.  I'd been planning to do the sand ceremony, but I love this idea!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards