Second Weddings

renewing Vows

Ok, IDK if I am in the right forum but I cannot find anything on this site to help me plan a renewal ceremony. We'll be married 5 years when we do ours but our first one was a wreck culminating in my sister getting arrested for attacking my mom so I really think we deserve our dream wedding. any advice? We are paying this time so I want to do it our way and not feel pushed to be "traditional". Help please!! 
Smile

Re: renewing Vows

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Read the sticky at the top of this forum, and that will answer your question. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • JJWC3387JJWC3387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi. I am kinda thinking about doing the same thing. We are actually ending our first marriage (to each other) due to serious delinquencies in our knowledge of how to communicate and be honest. None the less, we are working on building a better relationship and feel we will end up marrying again (when the time is right). I think you are in the right place as far at chat rooms. Enjoy the place and I hope you get all the help and support you need and want.
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ok, JJWC and JaxMiller; while everyone is welcome here, there is a sticky at the top of this forum that is titled  "Spouses to be. .  ."    Read that first. 

image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • JJWC3387JJWC3387 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, handfast. I will just speak for myself on this one: I feel a little shunned and taken back by the seemingly 'backhanded compliment' in both the 'sticky' and your latest response. It was my belief from YEEEAAARS of being on this board (think 2002) that theknot.com has a community of mainly embracers and encouragers. It was my hope that since there is no chat board for those who wish to renew their vows, they (we)  could come here and receive the same love and support as all other brides....rather they be "brides to be" or have since married since joining the site. Thank you for BOTH of your not to subtle hints that we are somewhat welcomed.

Take Care
    JJWC3387
  • edited December 2011
    We are coming up on our 10 year in 2013 and I would really like to throw the big reception I never had. So if you come across any info or thoughts let me know too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards