Second Weddings

eloping and reception

Hi
  Bear with me, I am new to this and this is my first post.. My fiance' and I are eloping in April and are planning a very casual reception in May.. This is both mine and his 2nd marriage. We are planning a mid afternoon reception on a sunday at our church. My question is what do we wear, we are planning on dressing very casual at our wedding (just the two of us). Do we have to dress up (me in a dress, him in dress pantss or can do we casual wear (me in capris and nice top, him in kaki's)... Our wedding reception color is green and white, do we need to wear those colors? I really want to be comfortable but do the right thing..We are planning on doing just finger food and cake. I really dont want to have a DJ or spend a ton of money on decorations, does anyone have any suggestions for us? Thanks so much!

Re: eloping and reception

• elopez7929elopez7929 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wear what you guys would normally wear to church.  Obviously you don't want to look like your going to a picnic or a run at the park.  For church I would wear a simple dress or skirt and blouse.  Since you want to be casual maybe a real pretty spring dress.  Check your local department stores.  He can wear khakis with shirt and tie.  Perhaps his tie can match your clothes.  Even though it is your second marriage you still want to look and feel great.  As for colors, where any color you want.  You don't have to match your theme.  Have fun and enjoy. 
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are doing the same thing (this is my 2nd wedding, his first), but in July.  I'm planning on wearing a casual dress.  I would wear whatever is comfortable for you, and I wouldnt worry about coordinating your reception colors to match.  It's your day, do what you want!
  • edited December 2011
    Do whatever you wish to do that makes you feel comfortable and happy. You don't have to wear your colors, or have decorations etc.

It sounds like a lovely reception.

There are no hard and fast rules for second brides, except to remember that this is your first marriage to this man and you have every right to have a wedding reception your way if it is to be casual with only a few guests or extremely formal with all the extras and hundreds of guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards