Second Weddings

Dress obsesses

Ladies,

I need to confess... I am completely and totally obsessed with my dress... As in I've raced home after work for the past two nights, just to try it on....  As in I've asked FI to lace up the corset even though I vowed that I wouldnt let him see the dress.... I feel crazy.... 

My dress is too big on me, and I'd be happy if this was the case with any other dress.... The bust and hem will defnitely need to be altered.  My obsession of the day is whether it can be altered.... The crazy side of me worries that the top and edge (because of the beading) can't be altered.  The saner side of me rationalizes that any thing can be done - its just a matter of it being expensive.

Can someone please put me out of my misery? 

Thank you,

Obsessed Bride

Re: Dress obsesses

• edited December 2011
    Dear OB - Relax.  Seamstresses can work miracles with dresses that are TOO BIG.  It is much harder if they are too small.  It will be beautiful.

Worse comes to worst-- you could go on an eating binge.  Just kidding.  :)  ~Donna
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!  Thanks Donna!  I've been on a diet for three months and I've lost about 16 lbs... Yesterday, as I was looking at the HUGE gap in the bust area, I was thinking how nicely I would have filled it in.... so I've thought about it....

Appreciate your humor! 

~ Aurora
  • edited December 2011
    Wooo-Sawww it'll all work out!  And today is national junk food day... so...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    They will be able to fix it and take care of it for you!!!!  Seamstresses are magical people!!!!  Relax
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is doing your alterations?  I've personally seen Estee do alterations miracles, and reports are that Angie is similarly talented.
  • edited December 2011
    2dBride -- who are these people you speak of????  I see you are in my area and I've not heard of these women.  I received a recommendation for Fashion Dream, and I was going to head there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards