Second Weddings
Options

bridesmaid gifts

I'm out of ideas. And I'm out of money. And I'm out of time. What can I give my 3 bridesmaids (one is my mom) that is nice, inexpensive, and won't take a week to ship or cost a fortune to ship?

I have been staring at the internet all day and now I have a headache.

I already bought some pretty pendants and had intended on getting some chains for them. I have bought 2 diff chains and neither of them fit the hole in the pendants. I'm really frustrated and don't want to waste any more money. Would it be tacky to give just the pendants? I don't know what to do.

Can you tell I'm stressed out?

Re: bridesmaid gifts

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

LOL...........yes, I can tell you are stressed!

I think just giving them the pendant is fine. However, what part of the chains you bought doesn't fit? Just the clasp, or the entire chain? Most chains have a clasp then a circle thing to put the clasp in. Most jewelers can take off the circle thing or the clasp, put the pendant on the chain, then reattach it.

Are you doing a mani/pedi thing for them with all of you together? If not, maybe a gift certificate for something like that, perhaps $25 each, then they cover the difference? Or more if you can afford it?

I think a personal card or note, written to each of them separately, telling them what they mean to you, how having them in your lives has meant so much, etc, is always a great and inexpensive gift. Go to Papyrus (if you have those stores near you), or Hallmark, and find a beautiful card and put the letter in it. To this day I have the Xmas card my son gave me last year, where he said so many things he never says in person............but then, I'm a crier and very emotional.

Photo album for the photos you may want to supply them with after the wedding. I just got 2 for our parents at Bed Bath & Beyond for $3.99 on sale. Really nice ones!

Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll get more and better ideas.

Good luck. Take a deep breath and relax.

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you've already bought the pendants, then you should go with that.  It sounds like a lovely gift.  If you can find a chain, great.  If not, just the pendant is fine.  Personally, I have way more pendants in my jewelry drawer than I have chains.  If I had a chain for each one, it would be a tangled mess :-)  So, chances are, they might already have a chain that would work.  Also, by not including a chain, you are avoiding the implication that you expect your bridesmaids to wear the jewelry for your wedding. 

However, I think a nice handwritten note is always a great idea.  You picked these ladies to be your bridesmaids for  a reason, and this is a great opportunity to let them know how much you appreciate them.  Personally, I think a nice handwritten note is appropriate for just about any occasion.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    awayagainawayagain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a pendant that I couldn't fit the catch end of the chain through.  I just used a pair of pliers to make the circle thingy more of an oval and it worked fine.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check www.thingsremembered.com. They have a bunch of stuff on sale right now, maybe you can find something. Not sure how long they take to personalize.

Sorry, I just feel so bad for you I thought I'd pass it along.

• Options
    nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies you've helped a lot. The problem is that the clasp end of the chain doesn't fit through the hole on the pendant. I think I might be able to find some fasteners at Michaels that will fix the problem. I"m going to check tonight, otherwise I will probably just give them the pendant and a nice note/card.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    calo1983calo1983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i saw a really pretty diyed gift for bridesmaides. it was very simple and gorgeous. the bride got a ribbon the same color as the bm dresses and a bead/pendant (each girl had something diffrent) and threaded it onto the ribbon and she had each girl wear them in the wedding. they tied theirs but i  would suggest sewing a clasp onto the end and also finishing the edges of the ribbon so they dont frey...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards