Second Weddings

XP: My last post as a single lady (I'm pretty sure, LOL).....

Well gals, my wedding is in 4 days. Until today, I figured I had everything under control, my remaining 3 days before the wedding were well planned. Then........ EARTHQUAKE!!!! You are right, this was not a major deal in Michigan (I guess some people like Kevin felt it), but I did not. However, before I knew about it I got a call from my son who was at Union Station in DC, ready to board a train to the Baltimore airport to fly home tonight. With slower train service and delays, he was not going to make his flight. So, I spent an hour on the phone with Delta airlines getting his flight changed to tomorrow morning, luckily at no cost to him.

This creates a very tight schedule for tomorrow, with appointments between 10 am and 7 pm for flower pick up, mani/pedi/facials, picking stuff up from the caterer, hair appointment for my daughter (MOH) and paying balances in person for vendors.

But last minute stress aside, I wanted to tell you all how much I have enjoyed being a part of this board, listening to all your plans, and helping when I could. Being an "older bride" means sometimes I don't place as much importance on things youngsters stress about, but nonetheless I hope you have all felt that I care about you and that your day was as special as you could make it. And, I  have learned a few things along the way as well.

I've read these "last posts" on my local board, this one, and others. I honestly never felt it would come to my day............it seemed like an eternity until about a month ago, and since then it's been a runaway freight train.

I will not slink away, I will come back and share pics and stories. Our honeymoon is delayed until Sept 14th, something I'm now grateful for, because it gives me time to get stuff together before that big event!

You are a lovely and wise bunch of ladies, and I think that you all have bright futures with your new hubbies. God bless you all, and I hope all your dreams of family (or not), career and hopes for your future lives come true.

Re: XP: My last post as a single lady (I'm pretty sure, LOL).....

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You better come back with pics and stories......don't make me get mean(er).
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and enjoy!  Can't wait to see the pics!
    Anniversary
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You better come back and visit!!!  Congratulations on a job well done, and I hope your day is everything that you planned and hoped and if not smile and enjoy it anyway!!

Remember to breathe and take the day in it goes by so fast. 

ETA: PM waiting for you.
  • edited December 2011
    Enjoy it all! 
  • edited December 2011
    Enjoy these whirlwind days Sue.  They can be exhilarating and freeing if you let them.  Coming back to impart your bitter old hag wisdom on beebees everywhere is important.  ~Donna
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Remember to take a couple of minutes just for the two of you right after the ceremony.  Those were the best 5 minutes I had that day!!!  Best wishes to you!
    Stacy (another bitter old hag)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    congrats! (a little early) hope everything goes okay with your son getting there
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Sue!

May all of your wedding dreams come true.  It's been a long wait but well worth it I'm sure. Pleae come back and post pics and a recap, we'll be waiting. You'll be in my thoughts this weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    Hope you have a fabulous day!  Enjoy every moment!
  • edited December 2011
    I hope you had an amazing wedding day, Sue!  It's been wonderful hearing about your plans and I've appreciated your advice many times.  

I hope your son made it home safely.  

We, too, had a delayed honeymoon (we just got back yesterday), and I'm so glad...There was no way I could have handled the stress of a trip on top of the ceremony/reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards