Second Weddings

Help!!!

I have 669 days until I get married. ( This will be my second time.)  I was all excited and couldn't wait until we were married. I was happily looking at dresses, cakes, flowers, and all of that fun stuff. Then I was reading a wedding catalog, and started to feel sick and wondering what is wrong with me. After I put down the magazine, I was fine until I thought about the future. Don't get me wrong, I am totally in love with my other half and I want a life with him. Before I started writing this, I was fine, but now I am crying. what is wrong with me and how do I fix this before the wedding?
You know you are truly blessed when you find that one who completes you,makes you totally happy, and feels your pain from the other room. The one you feel lost without, the one that makes you laugh, the one that makes you cry. The one that makes you wonder how you can be so lucky. Congratulations to everyone who has found "the one."

Re: Help!!!

• edited December 2011
    You put down all the magazines and catalogs and take a break.  669 days is an incredible amount of time to plan a wedding, and more than enough time to drive you crazy.  My suggestion is to put it all away and just take it day by day.
  • nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to have freak outs about once a week. Any time I start stressing about the wedding, it spirals into thoughts about all of my insecurities. I start wondering if I should be planning a big wedding since *gasp* its my SECOND TIME, I starting worrying that no one will come, something will go wrong, we won't be able to afford it, I start remembering my first wedding and how it didn't work out ... on and on.

DF is the only thing that can get me out of these funks. Whenever I get this way, he always puts things back into perspective and makes me feel better. I don't know how he does it. He just holds me and tells me that everything will be ok. And I believe him.

I can say that it has gotten better for me. It was really bad when I was about a year away from the wedding. I wanted to plan things but I couldn't because It was too early and we didn't have the money for it yet. Now that I can actually DO things, its a lot better. I've narrowed down what I like and don't like and once I make a decision I am able to go with it and not change my mind. At first I changed my mind every few days and drove myself crazy.

The best advice I can give (and I know it's easier said than done) is to just walk away for awhile. You still have a long time to go. Take a break. If you must think about the wedding, just keep it simple. Talk with your DF and decide what type of wedding you want using broad terms like Small/Large, Local/Destination, Religious/Nonreligious. Then go from there.

And throw away the wedding magazine because they will drive you crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    Because we're second timers we often think about and ponder our mistakes of the past and wonder if we are making the right decision about our future's.
    It's normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards