Second Weddings

Second time and really confused

I don't know about anyone else, but my first wedding i was right on and up and get going about everything right off the bat.  This time i can't even really pin point a date, more just a month.  What kind of wedding is even more difficult to figure out.  I'm not sure what is wrong with me.  I loved planning my last wedding even though i know it was wrong to marry that guy.  This time i'm so sure about him we just even bought a house together, closed yesterday on it.  I can't figure anything out but a month...Anyone else experience this.???

Re: Second time and really confused

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, I had been really in a deep depression for a long time at the time we decided to get married so I was pretty much paralyzed by the thought of planning anything.  Luckily my best friend kept me going.  We didn't want anything elaborate anyway but there were still plans to be made esp. with many out of towners coming (such as our mothers).  About 5 or 6 weeks before the wedding, my doctor put me on an anti-depressant and it started to kick in about 2 weeks before the wedding so by the time the wedding rolled around last July, I was in an upswing mood-wise.

In your case, there's just too much to think about at the beginning.  Try to take it one step at a time.  Sit down with your fiance and at least start talking about what you envision for your wedding - be it a church ceremony, civil or whatever and then move on to reception.  I think once you get the ball rolling you'll be okay.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having some of the same troubles with the date. We now have a month pick (June 2012) but sill not a date (the 16th or the 30th). It is really hard to do anything else without the date.

Take things one step at a time ... We have the preacher, location for the ceremony & reception, bridal party and dresses for me and the girls ... but the rest of the stuff is slow in coming and a lot of it depends on the date ...

You will get there ... the longest jourmey starts with the smallest step forward ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • edited December 2011
    I wonder if your planning paralysis is because you aren't clear on what you want?  I know when we first started talking wedding I was ALL OVER THE MAP!  Everything from traditional church wedding to Vegas elopement. 

I had to spend some time thinking about what was truly important to me this time around (oh and I asked my guy - he said "whatever")...

So I just want to say - it is OK to not be all about the wedding planning.  Take some time to figure out what you and your FI really want and then go from there.

Good luck!
  • gatormom04gatormom04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to plan my second wedding and feel paralyzed. I have a date, kind of by default since it is the only weekend left in June. Now for the hard part....what kind of wedding?  I just can not imagine getting married without my kids who are older (youngest 28) and my parents (who are so excited to see me finally getting married after being a single mom of 3 for 25 years!). I also very much want his children (16, 18, 21) to be there. I do not want elaborate and large, but hewants it to be private and intimate with just the two of us eloping to Napa. I can do this, but do not want any regrets on the happiest day of my life! HELP!!! Do I just take a deep breath and do the elopment?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards