Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Venues

I'm having a hard time finding a place to get married and to have the reception. All of the nice venues are over an hour and a half away because I live in midlothian (South South Dallas). I want a venue that allows outside alcohol and has a some character. Any ideas? I'm open to South Dallas , Arlington, Fort Worth.

Re: Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Lofty Spaces? Its a cool funky loft kinda thing in the south Dallas area. They allow outside alcohol & outside catering but he has an onsite caterer as well. He's got another building as well-off the grid-but its smaller.

www.loftyspaces.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011

How about Old Red Museum in the Old red Courthouse on Elm in Dallas?

• Options
    edited December 2011

You can check out Winfrey Point on White Rock Lake. That's where I had my reception but it books up really fast.

Here is the link to the pictures on my photographer's blog http://kandsphotography.net/2010/05/07/trevor-and-elizabeth-wedding-at-winfrey-point-part-2/

I also agree with PP about Old Red, its gorgeous

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the Trinity River Audubon Center. Its not really a wedding venue per se but they have done weddings there before. They allow outside everything and their price is pretty reasonable. They are south of Dallas off of Loop 12.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i having my reception at the walnut creek country club in mansfield. we are getting married at the church, but there is a place at the country club to get married. it is a neat pavallion or you can do it outside on the golf course.

not sure of your budget, but another amazing place just opened up in mansfield called www.aristideevents.com/">Aristide Event Center . it is really nice!!! and you can get married there as well. it opened up after we booked the country club and was a little out of our price range for only 55 guest, but WOW!
    aristideevents.com
  • Options
    CJandMLCJandML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridget,

I have toured that place, but the only thing that impressed me was the brides and grooms rooms as well as the bathrooms.Outside there was a small area to get married that could only fit around 100 people.I'm planning on getting married in april and i'm afraid it might rain. Inside there wasn't a place to get married it was just a large reception room.

When I toured the place I just felt that the lady was scattered. I just didn't like the vibe. Everything was extra and the place was on the higher end of what I was wanting to spend.

Texas Treasure, I'm going to have to look at the place! I think it is very unique.Thanks for the tip!

ewinkler- That place is to far. I love it though.

PattChow- I'll have to look in to that venue.

Thank you for the suggestions :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a new chapel in Fort Worth called Belltower Chapel and Garden.  That is who we are using.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ft. Worth is full of great venues:  Bass Hall, the Modern, Marty Leonard Chapel.  Here is a thread where more are discussed.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_reception-venue-visits-this-thurs
  • Options
    CJandMLCJandML member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amber- Thanks for the tip on that palce! I'm going to have to check that out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards