Moms and Maids
Options

slips

I can't find a long slip anywhere. At least not one that's sort of pretty in case it's seen. I have to put a loop on the hem of my dress to put around my wrist at the reception. Changing shoes after ceremony so hem will drag on floor at reception. If the skirt is looped up then I thought it might be pretty to have a nice slip, maybe with a little lace or something, under the dress. I must be old because slips are NOT easy to find. Any thoughts ladies?

Re: slips

• Options
    edited December 2011
    try specialty lingerie shops, even victoria's secret tend to stock a few. even ask your gown shop- a lot of brides wear slips under their dresses for the same reasons you want to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JCpenney sells slips some H&M'sMacy'sI thought  i was the only person who wears  slips
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shawnee....LOL glad to hear it's not just me as well!!! I looked online at Penneys Macys Sears Dillards Nordstroms Saks Vanity Fair Bali Victoria's Secret Fredericks (had to spend some $$ while I was on the site!).....couldn't find one ankle length slip. ????? I'm going to try bridal shops next---if not (or if too much $$), I give up. At least I have good legs in case they are seen. Dress itself isn't clingy or see-thru, it's more an aesthetic thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards