Moms and Maids
Options

run away from home

Any other moms want to run away from home?

Re: run away from home

• Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been there.  Can I help in any way?  Do you need to vent? I'm here for you. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Not necessarily today, but I sure have felt that way many times.  Want to talk?
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    No, M was pretty easy to plan with.  Maybe one bridezilla moment but that was itgood luck though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My goal now is to win the powerball tonight, and then I'm leaving for Philly. I'll be back in time for the rehearsal. :-)Final guest count came in, under # we paid for (yay) so then MY bf says he wants to invite people. I went ballistic on him so he's pissed at me too. WTF people?! I'm just done with this entire thing. I'm taking the refund from the caterer and going to see Springsteen at Giants Stadium before they tear it down. Yes....I'm taking my toys and going home LOL
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh boy. I am so sorry.  I felt this way with my own wedding 18 months ago.  All the ladies on the Second Wedding board can probably remember the saga.  And ours was a very simple, us only, wedding on the beach.  But, because misery loves company :-) here's the short story:  I could never find a dress I loved. I did find a dress I liked, but couldn't find a necklace I even sort of liked. Then I tried an arm band (because it was a grecian inspired dress) and because I'm a former bodybuilder, I couldn't find anything at any normal stores or websites that was big enough (try to find an arm band for a 14 inch bicep for less than several hundred or thousand dollars! The ones that say "one size fits all" lie) Then I couldn't find the shoes I wanted--so Fi (now DH) bought me a pair of beautiful barefoot sandals--the best part of the whole thing.  My hair trial was a disaster, I ended up doing my hair myself.  My makeup trial wasn't much better--the woman that was originally supposed to do it called in sick the day of, and so someone else tried.  She wasn't used to working with women with very fair skin, obviously.  And it went on and on.    So, with about one month to go, I just wanted to cancel everything.  The "simple" wedding I envisioned had become incredibly complex because each small detail became monumental--because there were only a few to worry about.So, CK, hang in there. And come back and tell us how everything else turned out. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, it's so good to hear that somebody else was snapping. I figured everybody does it, but needed to actually hear another story! I thought that since I was being a good MOB and staying out of it (except when their concept of "reasonable" prices got out of hand), then it would continue. Silly me!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTW, house- and kid-sitting for my sister for the next week. Bliss! Away from all the wedding people. They can find me though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not feeling that way yet, but I'm sure that's coming! We are paying for everything too. Including the rehearsal as I my FSIL is from Costa Rica and the wedding is here. My hubby and I did most of the planning (calling vendors, making appointments, doing research, WRITING CHECKS) so far with a little help and the final decisions from the young couple. My daughter just finished law school, so she didn't have time. The flowers, bridesmaids dresses, limosines, invitations and other fine details should be lots of "fun" now that my daughter has more time. I am going to try not to put too much of my opinion in, but I'm sure we will have our moments!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow the fun never ends. I've started having fainting spells and my dr wants me to see a cardiologist. And a neurologist. The cardiologist is today. Neurologist tomorrow. Back surgery postponed again because the insurance company rejected the damn paperwork as incomplete.The final caterer meeting is tonight.It's my birthday. I'm watching a lot of Bruce today LOL.
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    OMG - well, happy birthday at least!Best of luck on your appts too.  It will all be over pretty soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards