Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Lofty Spaces Pictures and weekend review

Hey y'all,

So we went and looked at a lot of places this weekend! Some had deal breaking issues.. some were definitely thinkers.. But we LOVED Lofty Spaces. Off the Grid was great too, but definitely more for an awesome party. But the roof top for pictures was breathtaking. But way too many stair sfor our elderly guests!

We loved lofty spaces. Huge room, Huge courtroom and the ability to open then up together for the dancing portion of the evening. We did NOT meet with the owner Bruce, and I have read reviews that he is hard to get a hold of, but the guy who would be at the wedding doing set up was GREAT! Really felt good about potentially working with him.

I am trying to find wedding photos from people who have had their wedding there, or any tips concerns etc. I have requested more information from him but I want to get some reviews before i proceed. I aslo want to see actual wedding photos, the pics online are pretty generic.

Thanks for any tips!

Re: Lofty Spaces Pictures and weekend review

• Options
    A cursory Google Image search pulled up a ton of stuff.  Sorry, can't recall if anyone here had their reception there.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I would google 'Lofty Spaces Wedding blog' and you will get a lot of photographer's blogs of weddings they have done there. That's what I did with my venue.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Michelle had her wedding there. She gave it a B and only rented the space, she didn't use Bruce for catering, etc. I can post her review tomorrow.
  • Options
    I looked at using them as well, and I loved the place. My FI wanted it there, but I decided to be more complicated. When I was looking at it I looked at all the pictures on their website to see how everyone had done it before me. The moving room dividers help as well as the ceilings that are easy to hang stuff from like lanterns. You can put lights all around the poles too. I was very much going to do the ceiling draping option that they have. Not sure if you've looked into that. I saw a picture of the ceiling draping and it was gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Here is Michelle's review.  I went to her photographer's blog but there were no pics of the reception.  ;(

I LOVE this space.  It is a clean modern space with views of downtown.  IT has a courtyard that would have been great if it wasn’t so dang hot, and easily fit all 175 of our guests.  Bruce the owner is a little bit ‘flighty’, but all we did from him is rent the space.  There were some misunderstandings with what tables, etc that would be available, so make sure you get everything in writing.  If I was renting anything from him, or using his caterer, I would be concerned.  But renting the space, it was JUST what we wanted.  FYI – you can bring in your own caterer, alcohol, and rentals.  We WAY overbought on the alcohol, so party at my place!!!
  • Options
    Thank you Stephanie!
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Hi there!  I was over here lurking about something else and saw this thread.  That was my review Stephie posted. 

I loved the location, pictures that we got, and the entire night in general.  Bruce was sometimes hard to get ahold of, and I booked the place before the remodel even finished.  He promised some things verbally that I did not get in writting, and then ended up saying later that is part of a "more expensive package".  I really think it was just that he didn't have things firmly in place when we booked.

Our wedding was almost 2 years ago, so I don't know who his caterer/coordinators are now, but at the time, I did not trust them to put on a seemless event.  If you are okay hiring someone else, asking family or friend to coordinate, etc, then this location is amazing!

I'll try and get some pictures posted of us at our reception this week and send them to you.  Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.  Best of luck in your search!
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards