Moms and Maids

Things Bridesmaids can do to make the Bride feel special?

Hi everyone -

I'm 50 days away from getting married and my maid of honor has been absolutely incredible!  She planned two bachelorette parties for me, attended both my showers, and has been there for every dress/shoes/accessories purchase.  She also did a really sweet thing - I have 8 bridesmaids, and starting 8 months before the wedding, she had each one of them send me a surprise gift - I've received things like a "marriage survival kit", a coat hanger with my future name engraved, etc.  I'm going to guess on the day of my wedding who sent me what.

Now I'm in her wedding and I'd like to get the bridesmaids to do something like that for her - but I don't want to copy the idea either!  Does anyone have any unique ideas on things the bridesmaids can do to make the bride feel special, other than plan an awesome bachelorette/shower/be there for everything/etc?  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Things Bridesmaids can do to make the Bride feel special?

• Shorty,

First of all, she sounds like an awesome bridesmaid. I can understand why you want to repay the favor. Before you commit all of the other bridesmaids to this, make sure they're all on the same page. Maybe tell them that YOU want to do something, and ask them what they think. Let them volunteer. Make sure it's something that doesn't require a big time or money commitment. Maybe find out from the bride what she's going to be purchasing for the wedding - card box, photobooth props, garter, whatever - and ask her for links to examples of items that she likes, and purchase one of those items (that she gave as an example) to surprise her. But if the other bridesmaids don't want to do this, there's nothing wrong with that - it is going beyond the duties of a bridesmaid.

Or you can treat her to a mani/pedi or a facial before the wedding. Whatever. Make it a gift from you as a friend rather than as a bridesmaid, so the other girls don't feel obligated to do it or guilty for not doing it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_things-bridesmaids-can-do-to-make-the-bride-feel-special?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:1ab845bf-d631-4fa6-9aea-ce6981152a78Post:7d704e2e-8d4b-4e32-b17d-20e743c366f0">Things Bridesmaids can do to make the Bride feel special?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone - I'm 50 days away from getting married and my maid of honor has been absolutely incredible!  She planned two bachelorette parties for me, attended both my showers, and has been there for every dress/shoes/accessories purchase.  She also did a really sweet thing - I have 8 bridesmaids, and starting 8 months before the wedding, she had each one of them send me a surprise gift - I've received things like a "marriage survival kit", a coat hanger with my future name engraved, etc.  I'm going to guess on the day of my wedding who sent me what. Now I'm in her wedding and I'd like to get the bridesmaids to do something like that for her - but I don't want to copy the idea either!  Does anyone have any unique ideas on things the bridesmaids can do to make the bride feel special, other than plan an awesome bachelorette/shower/be there for everything/etc?  Any suggestions are appreciated!
    Posted by ShortyTL[/QUOTE]

Things that you can do on your own without the other BMs:  I made a photo book for my BFF.  In it, I had pictures from all the get togethers we had together while she planned her wedding.  I helped her make her STDs and Invites, so while there, I took pictures of us.  There were pictures of her shower, b-party, RD.  I also left spots in the book where she could insert some wedding photos: I Dos, First Dance, Cake Cutting, etc.  I even got some help from the moms to have some pictures of them as kids to add to the very beginning of the book.  I gave it to her on her wedding day, while we were all at her house, waiting for the show to start.

Another friend, made cards for ladies who attended the bridal shower to offer words of marital wisdom.  She also contacted the bride's godparents and asked them to write some memories of her as a child.  She also added in after the wedding, her MOH's speech.  Brides' cousin was the MOH and wrote the funniest speech I've ever heard at a wedding!  And everything was given to her in a nice box.

And the best gift I got, from my MOH, were customizable Keds (from Zazzle), that said Mrs. Husbandlastname on the back.  I wore these at my reception!  They were so cute!  I love them and still wear them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards