Moms and Maids
Options

Was I wrong to drop out of the wedding?

I was selected to be the MOH in a wedding for a somewhat good friend of mine ( I wouldn't consider having her in my wedding though).  I accepted and began all of the duties.  I planned a FUN bach party and have been there for everything even though I was unsure why I was to be her MOH (I don't consider her that great of a friend).
WELL Here's what she did and it led me to drop out and I want to know if I'm wrong.
1. Telling past lovers that she would rather be marrying them
2. Being naked at parties where her finace is not at...there is photographic evidence.
3. Making out with and hitting every base but home with at least two different men who are not her fiance.
  And that's all I KNOW.  I feel that a MOH and BM should be able to stand up and support the bride 100% on her wedding day and I could not do that given what I know.  She has been saying I'm a b word and such and is just angry.  Her finace knows all of the things she did (when I dropped out the s&^@ hit the fan) and wants to marry her still.
SO WAS I WRONG?

Re: Was I wrong to drop out of the wedding?

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you were right.  The only thing is that I wouldn't still want to be friends with someone who would do something like that, so I think you have to accept that she's going to be mad at you and that it's not worth trying to work it out.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe you did the right thing and I would not be friends with her.  By being friends with her, to me, it would be like you still being the MOH at her wedding-you would be condoning that behavior.  I feel for the groom!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh we are not speaking and thanks ladies :)  I'm really not hurt that we aren't speaking anyways...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, there are some grey areas about not approving of the marriage...this isn't one of them. With that kind of stuff I would almost feel obligated to say something in the "If there is any reason why they should not be wed" bit. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like a tough situation, but I think you did the right thing. If you don't genuinely support the marriage it wouldn't be right to stand up for her. I think it goes without saying when you drop out of a wedding for those reasons that the friendship won't continue though. 
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you made the right decision.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You made the right choice... I cant even believe that she did tat or that her FI  and he im more suprised he wants to marry her... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You were right.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I believe you did the right thing, and that more people should stand up like that as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards