Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid & MOH Gifts

I would like to give my girls nice, useful gifts that will be meaningful. I have never been a bridesmaid before and don't have firsthand experience of typical gifts that maids receive. There is such a wide variety on the internet. I'm interested in hearing what everyone else is planning on giving to their girls or what you have received in the past and whether or not it was meaningful and useful to you. Thank you :)

Re: Bridesmaid & MOH Gifts

• Options
    Shop for each one like it's her birthday.  I can't tell you what I'm getting my MOH b/c she could be lurking out there somewhere, but it's definitely "her."  If I wasn't getting married, I would still give it to her as a gift.  You know your girls well enough to get them each something personal, even if it's a specialized gift card to a favorite shop.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Ditto PP. Give them things you would still give them as gifts for their birthday or Christmas even if you were not getting married. Do NOT give them any jewelry you want them to wear for the ceremony. You can give it to them, but don't count it as their gift. That's not a gift; that's part of their attire. You don't have to give them the same thing, either. It's fine to shop for them individually. 

I gave my girls monogrammed insulated lunch totes in their favorite colors. Some people are opposed to monogrammed things, but they loved them b/c they bring their lunch to work every day and like monogrammed bags in general. One of my girls even has monogrammed grocery bags. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I gave my girls those really cool Flip Out sandals that you can change out the decorations on.  The sandals came with three different colored roses, but the website for the sandals sells thousands of different decorations you can switch out.

They're kind of spendy, but worth it since each girl was so different, but I didn't want any questions on wether I was spending more money on one than the other (which was really immportant to me, don't know why).

Dont' tell my bridal party, but I totally ended up buying a pair for myself too after the wedding.  They're just so cool! :P
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-moh-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:1f26918d-031f-4ce8-bcf0-91d219c179aePost:1f55d8e4-a566-4e8d-886a-056a2e526ecd">Re: Bridesmaid & MOH Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]P.S.  Addie, I would have loved the insulated lunch tote.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>And I would know NOT to have yours monogrammed! ;)

</div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I just had a lunch for all of my bridesmaids and gave them a few fun little gifts like some nice nail polish, in addition to giving them all bracelets (all different and picked for each friend's taste). My sister asked if she could wear her's for the wedding which I think is great because she likes it - but of course they don't have to!
  • Options
    My sis got each of us maids a pendent necklace with a small stone in her wedding color from a jewelry store that was going out of business. Since she got them on clearance, she was also able to get each of us a more personal gift as well-- an album, t-shirt, book, etc. that she knew we'd like and that represented our relationships with her more than her wedding. It was so lovely to see the effort she put into picking out these personal gifts!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I agree with pp. Whatever you might get them for their bday or xmas. I honestly don't know what the issue is with giving them jewelry for the wedding. Ive been in a bunch of weddings and was always given the jewelry that i wore for the event and never thought that was rude. My mom and all of my aunts gave jewlery that was worn in the wedding for gifts. Since when was this considered a faux pas?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got my bridesmaids Vera Bradley travel jewelry organizers..
  • Options
    Any thoughts about spa treatments?  A one hour massage for the girls. Yay or nay?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards