Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid Trouble

So I've been having this best friend for about 8 years now, and she used to date my brother for 4 years. 
   Since we graduated in 2007, we havn't talked much, but I asked her to be a bridesmaid because if I ever need her, she will be right by my side. And plus she is the only friend we were having serving in the wedding. 
   Well my brother is the best man and his girlfriend (of 1 year) is also serving. My brother does not want my friend to serve in the wedding because it will be too uncomfortable for him and his girlfriend. 
   I know it is very petty and high schoolish but I NEED my brother to be there. I rather have him there then my friend.
  So now I don't know what to tell her. She was soo excited that I asked her to serve in the wedding, and now I need to tell her she can't. I don't want to blame it on my brother, but it's kind of his fault. So I really don't know what to do!
HELP PLEASE!!!

Re: Bridesmaid Trouble

• Options
    lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't cut her out of the wedding party! It's your wedding and you get to choose who stands up for you. Tell your brother that she is a very good friend and you want her to be there for you. He needs to grow up and act like an adult. How uncomfortable will it be for him to be civil to your friend for a few hours? If she's okay with it, he should be, too.

• Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with liz. Friends are very important. If you ask her to step out, you may as well know that you will loose her friendship also. Tell your brother to grow up, and get over it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your brother and new GF are secure with eachother than this shouldn't be an issue. Especially since they have been together for a year. C'mon...everyone has exes, man up, bro. Do not kick her out.
  • Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let her know that her ex is the best man.  She may not even care that he's there.  Your brother should suck it up for the 30 minutes of the ceremony & ignore her for the reception.  Just don't make them walk together or put them next to each other in the pix. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I completely agree, I would tell my brother to suck it up. This is your wedding an you should have who you want in your wedding. Im sure this girl knows your brother will be in the wedding and if shes fine with it so should he. Typically its only uncomfortable if there are still feelings there or if the breakup was bad. Time to move on and grow up.

• Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If he cannot be mature for 30 minutes, he has problems.

Please, don't kick out the friend.  That's a horrible thing to do to someone.  If she means that much to you, tell the brother to get over it. 
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards