Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid makeup

I was hanging out with one of my bridesmaids today, when the subject of wedding day maekup came up. It was brought to my attention that some of the bridesmaids think that I am paying for them to get their makeup done. I had mentioned who I was having do my makeup, but had never mentioned anything about paying for there makeup. I'm on a strict budget and already paying for my mom and grandma to get theirs done. How can I let them know that they have to pay for their own makeup if they even want to get it done by a professional? Or should I just go ahead and pay for theres?

Re: Bridesmaid makeup

• Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Just tell them that you have a MUA coming on the day of and ask if they would like you to book an appointment for them.   That will give them the clue that it's not on your tab.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, just be up front with them. Maybe there was some miscommunication somewhere.
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just say, "The MUA will be at the place the morning of the wedding.  If you want to get your makeup done, the cost to you would be $X.  I don't care what you do either way though."  And mean it.  If you're not paying, you can't require that they do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just to make sure you've checked out the etiquette boards - if you are requiring them to have their makeup done, then you need to pay for it.  If you are not requiring it, you need to make it clear that it is optional but it is X amount of dollars if they wish to have theirs done.  
  • Options
    AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:2ae16749-e0d5-44a1-a74c-2c966531ebfcPost:810bff02-899a-48bd-8f8f-50098cad4ca4">Re: Bridesmaid makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just say, "The MUA will be at the place the morning of the wedding.  If you want to get your makeup done, the cost to you would be $X.  I don't care what you do either way though."  And mean it.  If you're not paying, you can't require that they do.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

<div>If I were in your shoes this is exactly what I would say. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:2ae16749-e0d5-44a1-a74c-2c966531ebfcPost:86f882e7-474a-4e1e-a4ca-d5869f853a93">Re: Bridesmaid makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE] if you are requiring them to have their makeup done, then you need to pay for it.  If you are not requiring it, you need to make it clear that it is optional but it is X amount of dollars if they wish to have theirs done.  
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

This!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    lisalb9lisalb9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! I just needed the reassurance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was wondering the etiquette regarding this situation as well...thanks for the feedback!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards