Moms and Maids
Options

oh mother

My mom is trying to force her views onto me and my fiance. Ive tried to talk to her and get no where. what should i do? Word things differently?

Re: oh mother

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_oh-mother?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:31e33adb-b8ab-4410-ac6c-0cad5b133e46Post:bd060aa7-d66a-4380-a7e8-34212512f31c">oh mother</a>:
    [QUOTE]My mom is trying to force her views onto me and my fiance. Ive tried to talk to her and get no where. what should i do? Word things differently?
    Posted by TeamRip3[/QUOTE]
    Is she paying? If so, you might be stuck. If not, then ignore her or change the subject.
  • Options
    What are you guys butting heads about?  I'm a MOB and back in our day it was UNHEARD OF to do anything but a cookie cutter traditional wedding unless you were some "wierd hippy."  BTW - my brother had a very cool wierd hippy wedding, but is wasn't the norm at all.

Give us some details and maybe we can help you.  Sometimes a google search of a newer wedding tradition can do wonders to open eyes.  Details please.
  • Options
    Also, who is paying for the wedding?  Sometimes parents offer to pay but have strings attached to that money that requires things be done their way.  Sometimes there are no strings.
  • Options
    If she is not paying, don't share your plans with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards