Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

font size?

what size should the font be for invitations and rsvps? Thanks

Re: font size?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

It depends on what font you are using.  I just played around with it until I found fonts and sizes that I liked.  I also made our names bigger and in a different font from the rest of the text so that it stood out.  Same thing for "R.S.V.P."--that was in a different font from the text, etc.

• edited December 2011
    I was looking at 12 but its way too tiny. 16 is easier to read but Im wondering if that will look to big on the actual invitation.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks like I used Papryus in 13 font and Edwardian Script 26 for our names.  But this was just my draft and then the Etsy seller I used actually printed them.  I used Edwardian Script for my RSVP with the title in 28 pt and the text in 18 pt.  But again, this was just my draft.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, it really depends on the font that you're using because 12 point in some fonts is tiny, but very readable in others. I printed my own invites and just used several test pages. If you're not printing your own, maybe cut paper the size they will be and print out what you're thinking to see how it looks. It was hard to judge on the screen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's what I'll have to do. I'm not printing them myself so I'll just have to hope that they match what I end up choosing! Thanks!
  • fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have seen them all different ways....

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards