Moms and Maids
Options

Ideas for Dress Shopping Magic?

As MOB, any ideas to make the dress shopping day special?  No drama, maybe some Mimosas.  I want this to be memorable for my daughter.  Ideas??? 

Re: Ideas for Dress Shopping Magic?

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy your day!!  I'm a MOB too.  Honestly, the day will bring its own "specialness."  Follow her lead as far as what her dream dress will be.  When  you see the look on her face when she finds "the" dress it will be magical.  Mimosas?  I'm always good with that!
  • Options
    sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's sweet of you. I would just suggest being there for her and being supportive. I know I get frustrated with people when they shoot down every single dress I like then tell me I need to wear a dress I hate.

The only other thing I have heard is don't bring to many people with you either.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    tseguintseguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_ideas-dress-shopping-magic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:4f859e41-b7de-40ed-9e81-24c2112381fdPost:409c2cc7-6e58-4667-bcc9-a8a74328c60d">Re: Ideas for Dress Shopping Magic?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's sweet of you. I would just suggest being there for her and being supportive. I know I get frustrated with people when they shoot down every single dress I like then tell me I need to wear a dress I hate. The only other thing I have heard is don't bring to many people with you either.
    Posted by sparent2010[/QUOTE]

This.  Don't bring too many people and don't be mean when you don't like a dress. If she finds the "one" and you don't like it, try not to let her know that you don't like it. 
  • Options
    utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bring her water. And just look for the "I'm just frustrated look" from her. At that point, tell her how beautiful she is. And if she loves a dress, let her love it. Don't say you hate it. GL, MOB!
  • Options
    Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ditto PPs - don't bring too many people, and enjoy yourself!  I'm sure she'll be so excited to be sharing this with you.  Listen to her concerns about the dresses and try to be helpful/supportive AND commplimentary.  I'm guessing, since you care enough to ask, that you wouldn't do this, but she definitely doesn't need to hear that something makes her look fat or disproportioned (even if it does).  If you really don't like it then just say it's pretty but you're sure there's something better out there. 

And when she DOES find the dress, let her know!  I tried my dress on FOUR times (among dozens of others) before I finally committed because I just wasn't sure.  It wasn't until my aunt saw me in it and RAVED about how fantastic it looked (and told me if I didn't buy it I was stupid, haha) that I had the confidence to commit.  My mom told me she really liked it, and after I committed told me she was so glad I picked that one, but I think she was afraid to pressure me to make a decision.  If your daughter's indecisive like me she might need a little push :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a MOB who is also worried about the dress shopping experience. I never had that with my mom and want it to be special for my daughter. We get along very well (even though she is a Daddy's girl) so I think our biggest problem will be deciding on one dress. She looks good in everything!  Dad is coming with us so I need to make sure I bring the BIG box of tissues.LOL

Do they allow you to take pictures of the dresses to help you decide/compare?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with my FMIL and she said everything was pretty except the short one which she definatly didnt like.  When I went (OOT) to visit my mom & sis we went shopping (9 appts in 5 days) crazy. My mom was awesome.  she definatly read my face and agreeded with my feelings until we found the one and then she lit up before I realized I was smiling like the cheshire cat.  Just love your daughter and tell her when she is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards