Moms and Maids

RANT- David's Bridal bridesmaid dresses

I bought my wedding dress at David's Bridal in Deptford, NJ, which went well enough.

THEN...

I made an appt to meet with the same sales lady in Deptford, NJ (which was confirmed) to purchase my bridesmaids' dresses. The store lost the appointment. I was a little annoyed since we wound up with a lady who seemed overwhelmed at the moment, but all's well that ends well. We were just left more on our own, and we found a dress. We were told they had to be ordered within 3 days since I had a short engagement and my wedding was at this point in 10 weeks. Fair enough.

The next morning, I made sure everyone ordered their dresses, and I covered the dress of one of my bridesmaids personally since she did not have the money readily available.  I ordered the dress from the Glen Burnie, MD store since it is the closest store to that bridesmaid. Today, that bridesmaid called me saying that Deptford called to tell her her dress was not yet ordered. I called Glen Burnie who told me that, no, it was not ordered, which is odd since I ordered it from that store personally. I bottled my annoyance and asked them if I could order it immediately. She said to call back tomorrow since it may be too late to order it by my wedding date. Also, two of my other bridesmaids (type A personalities who told me they had ordered their dresses, and I believe them) apparently did not order theirs.

I called their corporate office and left a message, but I am livid. Has anyone else had similar experiences with David's Bridal, or is it me?

Re: RANT- David's Bridal bridesmaid dresses

• Did you order them in person and get a paper receipt / confirmation? Then go in person and talk to the manager of the Glen Burnie store.  Don't call the store and deal with whoever answers.
  • It seems like it varies from one location to the next. We were very pleased with the experience we had at our local David's. Don't give up. Go there, in person, and talk to the manager. Find out what happened to the payment that you made.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_rant-davids-bridal-bridesmaid-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:4fc1faf4-255c-48a9-8787-fe8b26a174a6Post:5fb01736-be73-445b-bb71-62c47551d93c">Re: RANT- David's Bridal bridesmaid dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wedding isn't until <strong>July of next year</strong>.  Why the heck did you order dresses NOW anyway???? They're out money for a dress that will just hang in their closet for the next year, and they can gain weight, lose weight, or even get pregnant between now and then.  Drop the order, and don't even think about this again until after the first of the year, at the earliest.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

But she said her wedding is in 10 weeks, where did you get July from?

OP, I'd go to the store directly, stand there until you get an answer.  I'm interested in how this works out because geographically, I could go to the DB in Glen Burnie or Bowie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My sister got married 2 years ago and we went through David's for all the dresses. She booked her appt online(she lived in Alabama and most of the BMs lived in Wisconsin so she wanted to book it at one in Wisconsin when she would be back home visiting). They "lost" the appt but she had printed off the appt confirmation, so they "found" someone to help us. When she went back to Alabama to look at dresses with the other BMs and flower girls at the David's there, they couldn't find her account and started a new one, in the end she had 3 accounts with various BMs on each account. When I ordered my dress(one year before the wedding) I knew I could pontentially gain weight, so I ordered a dress size bigger than what they suggested or so I thought. They took upon themselves to order the size they thought, including switching size tags when it came into the store, so I "saw" what size I thought I ordered. They were very rude to me when I had to go back in to get a different dress size, including suggesting I buy a totally different dress(all BMs had the same dress with the MOH in a different style) or same dress style but different color(the wedding was Clover Green, white and black). They were very horrible and even though my sister lives in Alabama and my future sisters in law live in NC and Oregon, when we go dress shopping, we are looking at local bridal salons so I don't have to deal with them at all!!!
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Sorry for not updating. I went to the Bowie David's Bridal, and they expedited it at no extra cost.

When my fiance and I originally became engaged, we decided we wanted to wait and save up for a wedding, but later decided we'd rather have a smaller wedding and marry sooner. I should probably change the bio...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards