Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Eternal Stories Photography

Hi Ladies! 

Has anyone ever heard of or used Eternal Stories Photography?  I am interested in them but they have no reviews etc.  I thought I would ask yall before I asked them for any reviews. 

TIA for any help!

Re: Eternal Stories Photography

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both of the reviews are good but sorry, their blog doesn't grab me.  They are inexpensive but, you get what you pay for.
  • edited December 2011
    Are you looking to stay withint a specific budget for your photog? There's several on our vendor site with a wide range of prices...
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Just my opinion, but it would be difficult to make an unbiased opinion if you were to ask them for reviews of their own service.
    Like Stephie, I am really unimpressed with the blog. Even some of the close up shots seem blurry to me when they definitely should be sharp, defined images. If they are supposed to be a little blurred, it just seems reminiscent of an 80's wedding.

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_eternal-stories-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e348842c-44c4-4b2d-9b1f-d9ee820eb0c8Post:f78d5cb4-a826-4316-87da-8fc0d712e69f">Re: Eternal Stories Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just my opinion, but it would be difficult to make an unbiased opinion if you were to ask them for reviews of their own service. Like Stephie, I am really unimpressed with the blog. Even some of the close up shots seem blurry to me when they definitely should be sharp, defined images. If they are supposed to be a little blurred, <strong>it just seems reminiscent of an 80's wedding</strong>.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

Yes!  I knew something was funny when I looked at them--you hit it on the head.  The posing too seemed dated and uninspired.
  • edited December 2011
    The girl that I work with is the first picture with the crazy long veil blowing in the wind.  She had an outside wedding and it was so cold by the end it was snowing.  The photos that I have seen are awesome and she was so pleased with them.  She has stated she wanted pictures that happened in the moment and they did a great job at an affordable price.  She has given several other brides to be the info and I plan on using them myself.
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_eternal-stories-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e348842c-44c4-4b2d-9b1f-d9ee820eb0c8Post:f78d5cb4-a826-4316-87da-8fc0d712e69f">Re: Eternal Stories Photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just my opinion, but it would be difficult to make an unbiased opinion if you were to ask them for reviews of their own service. Like Stephie, I am really unimpressed with the blog. Even some of the close up shots seem blurry to me when they definitely should be sharp, defined images. If they are supposed to be a little blurred, it just seems reminiscent of an 80's wedding.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

This.  It reminds me of Olan Mills portraits, sans the creepy floating head in the corner.

But seriously, though, I agree that you definitely get what you pay for, and its up to you to decide how important photography is in the grand scheme of things and whether or not you are willing to pay more for better quality and cut back spending in other areas.  We tried to go the "budget photography" route and that did NOT work out well for us <u>at all</u>.  We are now paying 3x as much to have someone else do our e-pics and wedding.  Our new photographers take excellent pics, have the maturity, a customer-centered approach, and the most important thing to them is that you are incredibly happy with the final product at the end of the day.  After our original experience with our budget photographer, I am more than happy to shell out the extra money and have peace of mind -- we will just cut back in other areas to compensate for the additional costs.  Everyone has different experiences, but if you absolutely must use a "budget photographer," I would keep looking.  There are many, many photographers to choose from! :)
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I have to ditto the girls above...budget is important, I wouldn't go hire someone at $10K if you have a small wedding budget but I would sacrifice an open bar, extra food, having 2 cakes (brides & grooms), party favors/guest gifts, extra flowers, etc before I skimped on a photographer.  We had a very modest budget and I spent nearly 30% on my photog and he was AWESOME!  I am so thankful I did this, especially compared to many of my friends budget horror stories.  

Want someone with great reviews and a good price point I would check out this couple: http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/jonathan-ivy-photography-lewisville/0378cf711f54aa75.html  
    If they aren't your style, check out some of the other photographers listed on Wedding Wire with great reviews.
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
  • edited December 2011
    ok my wedding was 9 days ago and she was everywhere talking pictures of guest and us.  I LOVE her.  I am waiting on my pictures to come back but everything that I asked for that of course I had forgotten the day of cause I was a nervous train wreck she remembered and did everything that we had talked about prior to the big day.  She might be a cheaper price than other photographers but she did an amazing job and should be charging more.  Hope this helps ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards