Moms and Maids

Shower Invite Question

I am working on the invitations for the brides surprise bridal shower.
We are going with a tropical theme. Mainly because that is where they are going for their honeymoon and one of the things they "registered" for is gift certificates to help offset the cost of the honeymoon.
I need suggestions on the writing and how to incorporate that into the wording....
Thanks in advance!

Re: Shower Invite Question

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_shower-invite-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:570f03e7-2d26-49db-b3dd-ec7bf6d2ac1dPost:d0c05b24-e889-4626-816a-4ee3b40b5475">Shower Invite Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am working on the invitations for the brides surprise bridal shower. We are going with a tropical theme. Mainly because that is where they are going for their honeymoon and one of the things they "registered" for is gift certificates to help offset the cost of the honeymoon. I need suggestions on the writing and how to incorporate that into the wording.... Thanks in advance!
    Posted by shara486[/QUOTE]

Don't.  Just because the B&G are rude as all hell by registering for cash (aka GCs), does not mean that you as the hostess must follow suit.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Agree with good luck bear - please don't encourage the bride and groom's rude behavior.
  • Did they not register for anything normal? If not, you really shouldn't throw them a shower at all. Who the hell wants to sit around and watch people open a bunch of gift cards? Talk about awkward.
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_shower-invite-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:570f03e7-2d26-49db-b3dd-ec7bf6d2ac1dPost:d0c05b24-e889-4626-816a-4ee3b40b5475">Shower Invite Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am working on the invitations for the brides surprise bridal shower. We are going with a tropical theme. Mainly because that is where they are going for their honeymoon and <strong>one of the things they "registered" for is gift certificates to help offset the cost of the honeymoon. I need suggestions on the writing and how to incorporate that into the wording....</strong> Thanks in advance!
    Posted by shara486[/QUOTE]

What the Bride and Groom have done is rude, pleaes do not encourage guests to contribute to a honeymoonn registry.  If they have registered elsewhere (Macy's, BBB, Kohls, etc) you can list those registries on the invite, but please, mention nothing about the honeymoon registry.
  • It sounds more misguided then rude. Rude if they knew about it before hand but I will go with misguided. So keep the gift card part out. If they ask why you did that then maybe take the time to explain that it is seen as rude by most if they ask for gift cards
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If B&G only registered for the honeymoon, then you should not be having a shower at all.  As PP said, its not fun watching someone open up gift cards.

While I did have a traditional registry, my BMs for my shower had a wishing well and asked people to bring small items we could use on our Hawaiian honeymoon.  Many people brought travel size suntan lotion, soap, flip flops, etc.  Why not do that instead?

Do the B&G even know that these honeymoon registry companies take money from the B&G total donation?  So if someone gives $50, the actual amount B&G will get to use will be closer to $40. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards