Moms and Maids

reception fun

so the bridal party and i want to plan some sort of prank or just something fun to do at the reception any suggestions?

Re: reception fun

• You must have something in mind especially if you and your bridal party have discussed it.  What kind of prank are you talking about?

IMO, a wedding reception needs three things to be entertaining: good food, good drinks and good music.  Anything else is pointless and IMO irritating

• I hate pranks.

• Fun things to do at a reception: eat, drink, dance and laugh
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Please don't.    The bride may not appreciate it and their relatives may find something to be offensive.
  • I am taking this as the bride is the OP and wants to plan something with her bridal party.

Either way just don't.

• Maybe something fun you could do is have a fun grand march and each couple does something fun! At my sister's wedding we did that right before they cut the cake later in the night and the DJ introduced us by the nicknames the grooms calls the BP and we all came in doing some fun dance/walk. Than had a fun dance vs a formal slow dance with the wedding party. She also had the table names as dances, and if you wanted the bride and groom to kiss, you had to dance that your table was(waltz, chicken dance, tango, samba). If you are BM or MOH(or you could have the MOH do it) during her speech at the wedding reception, have her hand out keys to various people(mostly women, but a guy or two would be funny) and say "now that Tom is married, everyone who has a key to his apt/house, please turn them in" and than have the people come up and turn the keys in. I've been to many weddings where they do that and usually the brides grandma has a key!
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • edited September 2012
    lol what kindof a prank are you guys thinking of im not talking about anything that would take away from her day you guys over react waaaayyy too much get a personality/ sense of humor
  • You can have a personality and a sense of humor, and be mature enough to know that pranks do NOT belong at weddings.  Sounds like a maturity issue to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards