Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Experienced Photographers?

We are beginning the planning for our wedding next June now that we're at the one year mark finally and are looking for experienced and good photographers in the Dallas Ft Worth area. Our budget for photography is anywhere from $4,000 to $6,000 and would like for rehearsal dinner coverage to be included in that as well. Any recs? Thank you in advance! 

Re: Experienced Photographers?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are my favorites in that budget:
    Lynn Michelle (my photographer)
    F8
    Joseph Mark
    Jenny Martell
    Perez Photography
    Kari Crowe

And welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! 

To add to Stephie list:

Contemporary Portraits
    EE Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats on your engagment and welcome to the boards.

Check out my Photographer,K & S Photography. They are amazing, super nice and fun.  Their website is www.kandsphoto.net and you can view their recent work on their blog, http://kandsphotography.net. I'm Elizabeth and if you scroll down you can see my bridal pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Kevin Jairaj for the wedding. He's phenomenal.

www.kjimages.com
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea McGowan is great too
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea & Mack McGowan.   They work as a team and could definitely cover all of your wedding events.   They do truly amazing work and are fantastic people.  They shot our wedding on May 21st and we have already received our photos on disc to begin selecting our favorites for our album. 

www.mcgowanimages.com/
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Second Perez Photography (my wedding pics should be ready by the end of this week!)

In addition to Stephie's recs, I like Brooks Whittington, Stacy Reeves.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Lynn Michelle!  She's amazing! She is our photographer, and we have the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner coverage in our package.
  • Options
    Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Niji Stanley
    www.nijistanley.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd second KJ Images and Brooks Whittington. I had a hard time deciding between the two but went with Brooks Whittington. Brooks and his wife Leigh are the team and they are absolutely fabulous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to decide between
    Sil Azevedo
    Christopher Hartt
    Greg Blomberg

They're all very experienced - more editorial/magazine than Lynn Michelle or Perez and I want that style for my wedding.
  • Options
    Myles+TamiMyles+Tami member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We use Aravaggio photography for our family photos and are planning to use her for wedding photography as well.

She's soo nice and so professional! Love her! She just started a new blog, but I'm sure she could link you to her other work. I love her wedding photography.
    http://www.aravaggio.com/

• Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

WOW.  So I went to the photographers you posted about and saw a "nice" post about "Emily Heaton."  I know her (from theater and now we have a class together in grad school) and she is a SWEETHEART.  I am appaled at how rude Christopherr Hartt was on his blog.  Even if what he is saying is true (which would be a shock to me) it doesn't belong on his website.  He can "defend himself" without being a jerk.  I think it was very unprofessional and wouldn't even consider him as my photographer for anything.

Just my two cents. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I read the posts by Emily Heaton on insiderpages and by Amy Hartt on their blog.  Neither one is "Pleasant."

I know she's your friend, but Emily Heaton's post sounds less right than Amy Hartt's.  Who gives a deposit for a Bridal a year ahead of time?  And I read the rest of the reviews about the Hartt's which are raves.  My Planner rec'd the Hartt's as excellent customer service "very responsive", she said.  And I happen to love the pics.  One bad review and dozens of good reviews over a bunch of years makes me think something isn't right.  And I kind of admire Amy Hartt for standing up when somebody has dissed them.  I mean Emily used a fake name to post the review but everybody knows exactly who Amy is.  That takes more courage than an anonymous review.

Anywho, I haven't decided about photographer yet, but really trust my gut more than reviews anyway.  Thanks for the heads up.  I hadn't seen this before you mentioned it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that this post took a nasty turn  I would never hire someone who would publicly talk about their clients on their blog regardless of the situation. But thank you so much to all of your for the recommendations and taking the time to help me.  I really love Joseph Mark, Perez and F8 and am going to contact them for more info this week. 

• Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I believe Emily's post on insider pages was much more informative rather than bashing.  I believe that Amy took personal stabs at Emily which is unprofessional in my opinion.  Their work is great, and If you use them...then great!  I just stated I wouldn't use them because of how unprofessional that looked.  She didn't use a fake name.  She posted under "Emily H."  That's her real name (which was another thing unprofessional about Amy is calling her out by name and disclosing personal information about her schools...which is a breach of confidentiality IMO)

:)

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Donnaaries just posted her pics from Perez and they are incredible.  He does book very quickly though.  He was my first choice but wasn't available on my date (and I started looking 9 months out). 

F8 would have been my photographer if money were no object.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards