Moms and Maids

Mother\Son Dance Options for Disabled MOG

We are having difficulty thinking of options on how to recognize the Mother of the Groom. She's handicapped, and doesnt at all feel comfortable being pushed around the dance floor in her wheel chair. So, we are trying to find something else to do in lieu of the mother\son dance. We thought of my fiance putting her in the middle of the dance floor and reading something to her along with giving her a gift. But he's really shy and uncomfortable with that. Only other thing we could think of was a video montage...but they dont have many pictures. Any other suggestions???

Re: Mother\Son Dance Options for Disabled MOG

• Your fi could dedicate a song to his mother. Pick her favorite, have the dj announce it and invite all the guests to the floor to dance. That way, mom will get her recognition without being the center of attention for an uncomfortable amount of time.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_motherson-dance-options-disabled-mog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:637d8324-4a4a-4d04-a871-153fe25e2b50Post:dece201c-87fa-4634-b5ab-57c6cb30ca3a">Re: Mother\Son Dance Options for Disabled MOG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your fi could dedicate a song to his mother. Pick her favorite, have the dj announce it and invite all the guests to the floor to dance. That way, mom will get her recognition without being the center of attention for an uncomfortable amount of time.
    Posted by MairePoppy[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd combine this with the montage - have the song dedication with the photos montage running in the background.</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I am in a wheelchair and the father/daughter dance will be difficult for me.  Our DJ suggested that we have the dance, pick out a song, etc.  However, my dad and I will spend this time together, but invite all father/daughter's in attendance to take to the dance floor and partake in the dance.  This would allow your FI to share the time with his mother and not put her in an uncomfortable position.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards