Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid not getting her dress

I have 6 bm and all but 1 have ordered their bm dress. The one that hasn't ordered hers yet keeps telling me that she is going to go every upcoming weekend but has yet to go. I emailed all the bm in october ( to give them plenty of time) to please order their dresses by the end of december ( the wedding is in june). I told them to do it this early just in case it takes awhile to come in or if they need to get alterations, basically just in case something happens they already have their dress. I haven't asked them to do anything else, no planning showers, parties nothing. This one is just not  getting hers and now its almost feb. and it takes a couple months to get the dresses in. What should i say to her? i have sent her little text messages like " were you able to get your dress this past weekend" and all she says is "no, i'm going to do it this weekend". And on top of it she put on facebook that she was shopping at the mall thats literally right next door to the dress store, so i thought to myself she is finally getting her dress, but no she didn't. I don't know if she is trying to back out of the wedding or just being a procrastinator. Please give me some advice and thank you for hearing me rant!!! :)

Re: Bridesmaid not getting her dress

• Options
    I completely understand wanting her to have the dress early, it's one less thing for everyone to have to stress over. You need to ask her outright why she has not bought her dress. It could be a money issue, or she could be trying to loose a few more pounds. If you don't ask her you'll never know why she is putting it off. 

And how do you get your bridesmaids to not throw parties for you? I know it's their function, but I really rather plan mine myself (or not have them) but I have no control over these parties. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards