Moms and Maids
Options

How to Ask Junior Bridesmaid Across the Country

I'm asking my fiance's 11 year old sister to be a junior bridesmaid but she lives across the country and I've only met her a few times. Any ideas on a thoughtful and fun way to ask her? I thought about sending her flowers but she's so young that I'm not sure she would think that was cool.

Can you think of any other ideas that she might appreciate more? I want it to be memorable. Thanks!

Re: How to Ask Junior Bridesmaid Across the Country

• Options
    I think the flowers would be cool.  As soon as I started reading your post it was the first thing I thought of.  A bouquet of balloons might be cool too, but I think the flowers are cool with a touch of "grown up" added in if that makes any sense.
  • Options
    You could send a popcorn or cookie basket or an edible arrangement if you think flowers aren't her style.  I think flowers would be cute though - especially if you could find a vase that would match her room or her style that she could continue to use.
    Anniversary

• Options
    You think that's disrespectful? I thought it was very nice to include her in the wedding. And she will have different responsibilities than the other bridesmaids as our church only allows 5 regular bridesmaids to stand up during the vows so she and my niece the other jr bm will walk down the aisle but not stand up during vows. We both have large families 3 sisters each so we want to include everyone but jr bm seemed like the only way to do it.
  • Options
    If I were a jr bm I would be hurt that I wasn't up at the altar with the "big girls", it would just take the fun and meaning right out of it for me.  I would wonder why I waltzed down the aisle.  If your church has a strict policy here I wonder if this is wise.  What do the mom's think about it.  My feelings would be really hurt and I would feel left out.
  • Options
    I like your idea. With regards to having a junior bridesmaid, I think it might be a family or regional thing. I see nothing wrong with it and don't find it insulting...and when I was one, I loved it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards