Moms and Maids
Options

Help! I don't know whether to ask BM or not?

Okay soo I have one BM and one MOH we are all close friends and everything is fine with that... however recently an "ex-friend" has started hanging out with us again and I love her! She is amazing, fun, and was a very close friend of mine and my BM and MOH. 

She is only an "ex-friend" because her and my husbands best man broke off their 5 year relationship 2 years ago. It ended prettty rough and she removed herself from our group of friends. They are now both newly single again and are "seeing if something happends" with each other....

I would love to have her in my wedding and asked the bestman if it would be a problem...he said no of course not and that I should ask her...

Her and I now go to the gym together like we once did (3-4 times a week) and text often. She comes out for drinks, dinner, movies with everyone and it feels like the old days when we were all close to each other. 

There was never any "bad blood" between us and everything seems so wonderful again with our friendship... She has even offered to help me with wedding stuff? 
At the wedding it would almost seem awkward if she wasn't in a bridesmaid dress...  :-/

Financially it wouldnt't be too much of a burden for her to be a BM...only about 80 bucks which I think she would have no problem with.......

Should I ask her to be a bridesmaid? 

Re: Help! I don't know whether to ask BM or not?

• Options
    Question...what happens if this "ex-friend" and the best man don't last again?  Will she remove herself from your life like she did before?

I would just invite her to the wedding.  If she was such a great friend you two would have continued with the friendship when they broke up the first time.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_help-i-dont-know-whether-to-ask-bm-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:770aa3d7-9d94-468b-ba19-a75e289f0cbbPost:a5f0d4ee-0870-4a3b-b792-bfdac03ef7de">Re: Help! I don't know whether to ask BM or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question...what happens if this "ex-friend" and the best man don't last again?  Will she remove herself from your life like she did before? I would just invite her to the wedding.  If she was such a great friend you two would have continued with the friendship when they broke up the first time.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]
     We really did try to keep the friendship going for about two months and then she took an extended trip to Vietnam and stayed for almost a year deleted and her facebook changed numbers while she was over there... I think I will just invite her as a guest. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards