Moms and Maids
Options

Former Maid Issue

Over the summer, I was a bridesmaid in my frien'd s wedding. Throughout planning for her wedding, I realized that she is a complete bridezilla, a control freak and some things happened that I still haven't gotten over and the wedding was back in August. I still talk to her but I would barely say that we're friends now. I'm starting to write out my guest list for my wedding next July and we're on a tight budget and can only have so many people, which doesn't help cause me and my FI have huge families as it is. Since I was in her wedding, should I still invite her and her husband? Or do I just tell her that money's tight and if we invite her, we have to cut out two more family members? So confused and frustrated that its come to this!

Re: Former Maid Issue

• Options
    Weddings aren't tit for tat, do what you feel is right. If you Aren't "friends" anymore, why would you invite her?
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    Ditto Brittany.  If you're barely friends anymore, it seems like there is no reason to invite her and no reason she would expect to be invited. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I had a friend turn bridezilla on me and treat me like complete and utter trash while her wedding happened. Since it was close to mine, I had already invited her, and decided that it would be rude to disinvite her despite the fact that I now hated her. I wish to god I had disinvited her. After the wedding, I learned that she was rude to our other friends, and even kicked someone off of her table that she didn't know, rearranging our seating chart so she could have the table alone to herself and her two friends. Nasty.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I had this same issue.  Except I decided to completely end the friendship (along with 2 other BMs in this girls wedding!), she did not get invited to my wedding.  I would actually probably stop talking to her entirely, if you are still not over the way she treated you.  Who needs friends like that?
  • Options
    Life is too short. Do not invite her or her husband - invite the people who show you they care about you by their actions.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_former-maid-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:773c26a9-184e-4f7a-a2ab-2e803429dab4Post:6189c5cc-594b-4693-a964-875f0931d4c7">Former Maid Issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Over the summer, I was a bridesmaid in my frien'd s wedding. Throughout planning for her wedding, I realized that she is a complete bridezilla, a control freak and some things happened that I still haven't gotten over and the wedding was back in August. I still talk to her but I would barely say that we're friends now. I'm starting to write out my guest list for my wedding next July and we're on a tight budget and can only have so many people, which doesn't help cause me and my FI have huge families as it is. Since I was in her wedding, should I still invite her and her husband? Or do I just tell her that money's tight and if we invite her, we have to cut out two more family members? So confused and frustrated that its come to this!
    Posted by luckygrl1224[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! :)
  • Options
    I kind of wish that we could make a sticky of this to refer some of the nuttier brides to when they tell us their iseas abotu their Bridesmaids' duties - something like "Do you want the girl you're talking about thinking these things about you in a few months? Straighten up!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards