Moms and Maids
Options

FMIL

I just need to say if my FMIL dosent stop soon I am going to loose my mind!!!! She is constantly bugging my about something. Cake,flowers,limo, her bday coming up etc. I got it under control I dont need your two cents every two seconds.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FMIL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like she is giving you 8 cents worth, don't short change yourself :)

All the excitement is getting to her possibly. Maybe have your FI talk to her, or take her calls.

As a parent it is hard not to ask a lot of things so you won't forget, maybe show her your itinerary/plan/ timeline(not sure of the word)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like it could get overwhelming and maybe your FI can talk to her about backing off a little but at the same time you should be happy that you have a FMIL that is so excited about the wedding and seems genuinely interested!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smile, tell her it is fine, give her a hug and change the subject.  This too will pass...
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe she's feeling left out so she keeps asking?  Obviously not sure of your situation, but if you aren't telling her anything unless she asks, that could be her problem.  When you do something, like pick a florist etc. call her and be really excited to share the news with her.  If you call to share with her before she asks she may feel like you are including her and stop asking questions about everything.  Of course, if you've been including her and she's still doing that, maybe keeping her out of the loop is the better way to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards