Moms and Maids

UGH... my mom!

so, I am having 5 kids in my wedding.  the yougest being 7 1/2. Technically the two youngest will be flower girl/ ring bearer.... I dont what them to do the traditional thing b/c they are older. i thought them carrying  a wooden sign that says.. HERE COMES THE BRIDE.  My mother.. who told me 3 times in 2 minutes that the kids are going to steal the show from me, and she thinks they will be to old to carry this sign....any thoughts?? will they be to old for this sign?
the sign is  24x8. i thought it would be cute......
am i wrong?

Re: UGH... my mom!

• Why don't you ask the kids if they think they're too old? Ask them if they'd be interested in carrying the sign. If they say they want to, then I see no issue. If they aren't enthused, I would drop it. I have seen "here comes the bride signs" with young kids before and never once thought it stole the show from the bride. However, I wouldn't make a kid do something he/she was uncomfortable with.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I think it's pretty darn hard to steal the show from the woman in the big white dress!

It's not my taste (i have no kids in my wedding at all) but I think if the sign fits your theme (mine would have to be in the font we've used for everything and have vines, leaves, and birds on it), it would be very cute and hey, they are pointing out that YOU are coming down the aisle!

I think sometimes people just can't envision something the way you plan it. It's your wedding. if you want it, do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • I dont think that is going to steal the show from you. I agree with PP ask the kids if this is something they wanna do.  Last thing you want is upset kids at a wedding. I think that would be the perfect age and i have a feeling they will love it thinking it is fun and different. What kid does not want a special job at a wedding? 
  • I don't see why your Mom is making this such a big deal.  The kids will walk down the aisle with the sign for all of 15 seconds.  I really doubt that 15 seconds will be the highlight of your wedding.  If you want to have them carry the sign then have them carry the sign.  It will not overshadow you or the fact that you and your FI are getting married.

• I thought about the sign thing as well since my wedding was vintage themed but We ended up doing something more practical (i guess thats the right word?): we had a rose ceremony during our vows as gifts to each other and our parents--we had the younger kids carry them in to the priest just before the BP entrances and it made them feel included and special.

Not sure if that helps!!! I am not sure why your mom thinks they would steal the spotlight...they are adorable, but its hard to miss the bride! :) good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards